Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Private Category and Albums  (Read 2463 times)

edwurster

• Coppermine newbie
Private Category and Albums
« on: April 22, 2004, 01:29:29 pm »

I would like to set up something private, where I can add albums to a category, but only someone with a login would be able to browse through that category.

I set up a new category "college." In that I created 3 albums, and successfully uploaded 3 folders of images, and ran batch add.

(A side issue is that I had to change permissions on each folder to 777, even though they were 755. Do I reset the folder to 755, or leave at 777?)

As admin I could browse everything. I'm using the macosx skin.

Then I created a group "student" with one user, and set properties for each folder so that the group can access.

When I browsed, as admin, I saw an error under the category, and it began "Invalid argument supplied for foreach()." I saw the same error when I used another pc, and accessed the site as a guest.

When I logged in as student user, there was no error message under the category.

I've corrected the problem by making the albums public again.

I understand that some or all of this is fixed in the next version, but would like to know if I am heading in the right direction. It is important in that I am providing a free service at this point, and I really need to restrict access and bandwidth usage in a reasonable way. Should I consider upgrading?

Coppermine is a nice package, and I appreciate the level of work that has gone into it.

Ed

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

edwurster

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Private Category and Albums
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 03:10:04 pm »

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=1743.0

GauGau

Thank you. I had read thru that thread. I think you may be referring to this post specifically: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=1743.msg8729#msg8729

I see that in the thread there are references to other changes, and I'm not sure how far I should go. Do I make all changes referred to in the thread?

As I search theme.php for the code, I  notice that the code appears twice. Do I modify both occurrences?

Thanks.

Ed

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Private Category and Albums
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 03:37:23 pm »

As I search theme.php for the code, I  notice that the code appears twice. Do I modify both occurrences?
afaik yes.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.