Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: General Security Question  (Read 7027 times)

acorupe

• Coppermine newbie
General Security Question
« on: May 06, 2004, 07:03:05 pm »

Greetings,

Hope I have the right board....

Great effort, I love Coppermine,   ;D thanks! I am Beta Testing Coppermine 1.3 and have a geneal security question. My assumption is that with private albums, I can restrict viewing to registered users, that is completely disallow any anonomus or public viewing.

My requirment is to only allow, registered users to view and rate photos, is this doable in Coppermine?

2nd Question

With future releases of Coppermine, I noted on the todo list is "Wildcard" serach, so if I build many keyword entries with spaces between, is it likely that the "and" operator will work without modification to data tables

example: Keywork was: "one two three"

Is it likely that future wildcard search will support search -> "one+three" without table or data level changes. My concern is hours and hours of data entry?

I am testing functionality and have so far not found any bugs

Regards,

acorupe

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
Re: General Security Question
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 08:02:22 pm »

My assumption is that with private albums, I can restrict viewing to registered users, that is completely disallow any anonomus or public viewing.

My requirment is to only allow, registered users to view and rate photos, is this doable in Coppermine?

There are a couple of easy ways to do this.  You can make it so unlogged users are sent direct to the login page, or you can make all albums viewable by registered users only, in the album properties.  The albums are set to viewable by all by default, but a simple change to the database can make all new albums restricted.
The comment/rate question won't matter if they can't see the pics, but you can restrict this in the groups management anyway.

Someone else will have to answer the search question.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 11:19:09 pm »

In answer to question by email.

the way to force unlogged user to the login page is a very simple modification to 4 files, which is explained Here

This was done specifically for version 1.2.1, but should work with version 1.3.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

acorupe

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2004, 11:39:41 pm »

Dear Casper,

::)

I apologize for circumventing correct board protocol and emailing you directly, thankyou for pointing me to the fix and again please accept my apology.

acorupe

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2004, 12:10:57 am »

Accepted ;)
Please also note that version 1.3 is not supported yet, as you seem to recognise by your first post.
Version specific 1.3 support questions will not be answered (I've already had my wrist slapped by GauGau once over this  :-[),
I answered this as it applies to all versions, and is not cluttering the 1.3 board.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.