Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Issue with long directory names.  (Read 4190 times)

jasonharris

• Coppermine newbie
[Closed]: Issue with long directory names.
« on: November 09, 2008, 03:51:01 pm »

apparently the coppermine "devs" think i was referring to a problem that i do not have the qaulifications to diagnose

well since i havem ore programming and schooling then most of them combined

bug exists in coppermine (no LONG directory names allowed apparently, not the end of the world, just a limitation)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 07:43:21 am by Joachim Müller »

François Keller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka Frantz
    • Ma galerie
Re: BUG BUG BUG
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 04:08:13 pm »

did you read this ?
Shouting "bug" into the face of the devs although your questions show that you haven't even bothered to read the docs and search the board before posting won't make it very likely that supporters will be ready to help you. Remember - this is free support for an open source app. We're not your coding slaves, nor are we ready to get insulted by you.

well since i havem ore programming and schooling then most of them combined
Oh, compared to me, certainly.
Nobody prevents you to make your contribution to Coppermine instead of posting sterile comments .
then forward, give us a glimpse of your talent in programming and shows us how to improve Coppermine.
Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 04:31:04 pm »

Limit is probably the size of the db filepath field; 255 characters.

SaWey

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • SaWey.be
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 04:37:16 pm »

Since you appear to be a better programmer, why don't you put some time in helping us out instead of insulting us?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Issue with long directory names.
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 08:29:25 am »

As Nibbler suggested: db fields need limitations. Setting them needlessly high eats resources and slows down the server and subsequently coppermine. This being said: if the restriction in the db field is the actual culprit for the so-called "bug", then I'm happy with it.

When shouting bug, you should file proper bug reports and not just lame accusations.
If you expect help, post what your actual issue is. Illustrate your question thoroughly (describe your issues in detail, posting links and doing exactly as docs and sticky threads say) if you expect support. If you just came here to start another flame, you're not welcome.

Just for reference: Mr. Harris has posted another thread where he broke several board rules, so the thread was closed and locked. We told him to start separate threads for the several issues he rolled used to roll into that one thread.

This being said, let's assume that you had a bad start on this forum and let's say that you did so by mistake. Start over, reply to this thread and post what your actual issue is. Illustrate your issue with actual examples (link to your gallery, deep link to the file you're having issues with). Reference to your programming skills are irrelevant. Try your social skills first: you're a guest here, so behave as you would like guests to behave in your home.

jasonharris

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 10:38:12 pm »

well for starters i apologize

secondly it is a db limitation, which makes sens but can be frsutrating (not a bug i retract that)

third

my core issues are

why does ecards dissapear when using a bridge
and the mod for the jupload script, i guess im a bit confused, it tells me to login to use it, but when i click login it says i am already connected.

its a round robin and it frustrates me, i do apologize once again!

jasonharris

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 10:39:25 pm »

once more thing, the thumbnails are horrible (but only in the categorie view) just not sure what would do that)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 07:43:09 am »

why does ecards dissapear when using a bridge
Review the groups page after bridging - permissions to send ecards need to be re-assigned to the new groups. This is being explained in the docs.

and the mod for the jupload script, i guess im a bit confused, it tells me to login to use it, but when i click login it says i am already connected.
That mod is not part of coppermine's core and therefor only gets supported on the sub-board dedicated to it.

once more thing, the thumbnails are horrible (but only in the categorie view) just not sure what would do that)
Well, hard to advice anything, since you obviously failed to read board rules and therefor haven't posted a link to your gallery.

You broke several other rules: we have a strict "one question per thread" policy as well. This thread is already too cluttered, so I'm locking it again, giving you another chance to start over. Read up board rules. Read them carefully. Then start new threads, one thread for each of your questions that are still open after having read the docs that come with coppermine. Post those threads on the corresponding sub-boards (the one about JUpload needs to go into the sub-board "cpg1.4 JUpload by etienne_sf" for example). If you really want support, play by the rules!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.