Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange uploading problem  (Read 3707 times)

tinorebel

• Coppermine regular visitor
  • live long and prosper!
    • www.tripodart.net
Strange uploading problem
« on: November 10, 2008, 02:48:36 pm »

Hallo, I have already posted this in the main board for uploading, but I think the issue is related to watermarking so I post it again here (I apologize if I am doing wrong)

I have a gallery with many inmages, i'm using 14.19 with stramm modepack watermarking pictures.
(http://www.tripodart.net/website/gal/index.php)

Today I found a problem uploading pictures:
The uploading process works fine, untill I add the picture to the album.
When I try uploading a big picture (2000 x 3000 pix) Then I get:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 41156608) (tried to allocate 2008 bytes) in /home/tinorebe/public_html/website/gal/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 442

If I upload a smaler picture (untill 2500 pixels longest side) everythings works fine.

Could this problem be related by the maximum memory my account is allowed to use on the server?.... I have been using the same configuration and did not find problems since now... possibly the watermarking process takes a lot of memory....

The fact is that since last week I never faced this error and I have uploaded many pictures in the same big resolution (2000x3000 pix and bigger)

The memory  limit I have on my server for PHP is 64 MB, wich should be fine for a picture of 2000x3000 pix -
(2000x3000x3)/1048576 = 17,16 MB - Ther memory needed to handle the picture. + a simple watermark (i dont know how much memory is needed to handle but i supppose not more than the picture itself)

Suddently I am facing this problem and I wondered if it could be caused by some bad config or else....

Anyway I'll continue investigating and I will post the solution when (and if) I find it .... just to help if someone hase same problem.

Live long and prosper!
www.tripodart.net

Nibbler

Re: Strange uploading problem
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 03:13:04 pm »

According to the error message the memory limit is 40MB.

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Strange uploading problem
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 03:41:18 pm »

2000x3000 pic needs ~30mb mem. Then in addition to that the watermark image. Maybe a resized copy etc.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.