Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Invalid]: MOVE THIS (coppermine woes, sad to say) HELP REQUESTED!  (Read 3436 times)

jasonharris

• Coppermine newbie

Well lets start off by saying coppermine SEEMS to be the most powerful thing out there,

notice how I said SEEMS TO BE!

Maybe as a standalone program installed on your web server none of these issues would arise, but part of ANY open source programs core should be integration with other technologies. I run a joomla site and for the most part its flawless (there’s always some fuss and muss right)

Recently I decided to integrate coppermine with that site, maybe that was the undoing

So here is what I have now

A FRESH install of the latest version of CPG on my web server

and here’s what I am dealing with

First and foremost I use the bridge for joomla by medhi

through email communications I have been able to square away most issues, however the following still remains (I am unaware of whether these are poor programming in the core program issues, or the bridges fault entirely or a little bit of both!

1. E card functions are NOT AVAILABLE

2. When using jupload (which is an upload script) if you try to use the browse button, the thing just clicks, if you try to edit the config it say your not "connected, and when you hit login, it says your already logged in, making the bridge make that thing worthless.

3. While the bridge is connected users CANNOT upload anything

4. When uploading a LARGE amount of files (say over 150) and then trying to "batch add" these to an album, the folder shows up, however NO FILES show up (verified with ftp that they did in fact upload into the proper directory)

5. Thumbnails are absolutely LOUSY quality, no matter what adjustment is made in config (actually not the thumbnails per say, the ONE thumbnail cover for the album is what is all pixely and blurry)

6. When using the batch adds (when it actually works that is  , some of the files upload ok, but lots of refreshes need to be done to get them all in there, right? otherwise some will say ok, others will have that lame "click to reload" line on them (incidentally I clicked it, it does nothing BIG SURPRISE) if you reload many times you will after a lot of headache get the files in the album

Overall I find cpg to be highly buggy, and a disappointment to what it could be, I think programmers need to rush less, and make sure a component such as this is released once it has quality and MOST bugs worked out, of course if I am doing something wrong feel free to slap me and tell me how to fix it.

For now I don’t know what to do, if these problems are not fixable then its a damn shame and its time to hunt down another gallery!

Thanks for listening!
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 12:01:16 pm by Joachim Müller »

jasonharris

• Coppermine newbie
Re: MOVE THIS (coppermine woes, sad to say) HELP REQUESTED!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 07:51:00 am »

email notification turned on

jasonharris

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 07:57:07 am »

4. When uploading a LARGE amount of files (say over 150) and then trying to "batch add" these to an album, the folder shows up, however NO FILES show up (verified with ftp that they did in fact upload into the proper directory)

SOLVED, bug exists in coppermine (no LONG directory names allowed apparently, not the end of the world, just a limitation)

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 10:06:29 am »

No one it's going to help you. Read: Board rules / Forum policies: One Question per Thread.

To be honest, it's the first time I see a user posting so many request in one thread.

SOLVED, bug exists in coppermine (no LONG directory names allowed apparently, not the end of the world, just a limitation)
Till you be sure that there is a bug, don't shout out there.
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 12:01:03 pm »

As suggested: respect the "One issue per thread" policy. In fact, there are several other policies that make up board rules - read them up; you agreed to respect them when signing up. Locking this thread and marking accordingly. Shouting "bug" into the face of the devs although your questions show that you haven't even bothered to read the docs and search the board before posting won't make it very likely that supporters will be ready to help you. Remember - this is free support for an open source app. We're not your coding slaves, nor are we ready to get insulted by you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.