Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing Pictures inquiry  (Read 3897 times)

QuentinJS

• Coppermine newbie
Importing Pictures inquiry
« on: April 22, 2004, 01:13:54 am »

The steps as I understand them in the new version 1.3 would be.

1. FTP them into the ftp structure.
2. Use the Batch Add to add those pictures from that structure into the various albums.

Now here is where I am a little fuzzy.
1. Are the original images still required? or can they be deleted.
2. Once images are imported, is there a way to know which have been done?
3. Can we filter files not to try to import, or can we filter those files to try importing, eg JPG, GIF, etc.
3. Is there a way to delete the structure (folders/ directories) and images that were FTPd in, to make it easier to manage?  Or is this a manual process that needs to be done from the OS ?

Thanks,
Quentin
Keep Hackin,
-=Q=-

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 03:05:26 am »

I am moving this post to General Discussion.

From where are you importing the pictures?
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/buttons/getfirefox_small.png)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 07:18:05 am »

The way FTP upload and subsequent batch-add work has not changed from cpg1.2.1 to cpg1.3.0:
  • the pics stay in the folders you uploaded them to and mustn't be touched if they exist in the database
  • During batch-add you can see which pics have been done. To find if all exist in the database, run batch-add a second time - those in the db are not ticked by default, those that are not are ticked
  • You can choose which files to import in coppermine config, same as in cpg1.2.1
  • it's a good idea to use a similar file/folder structure that matches your category/album structure, but anyway: who cares - the database keeps track of the pics, why should the human? Deleting pics manually by ftp that already exist in the coppermine database is not a good idea. Delete the files from coppermine, and they will be deleted on your webspace as well
GauGau
« Last Edit: April 22, 2004, 07:34:08 pm by GauGau »

QuentinJS

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Importing Pictures inquiry
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2004, 07:26:04 pm »

I know it will be too late to add this to the next release, but perhaps add it to the to-do list:

1.  Hide/Show -  Added Files - those images that have been already taken from the ftp area and added to the db are not shown in the view. This will also hide those folders that are then "empty".
2. Hide/Show - Non added Files - same idea as 1, but its the flip side of the same equation.  

Both of these would be pretty easy to do as we already know which have been added :-)

Now as a reason for this.. think of a gallery with 4,000+ images, and your adding more to various places...   it becomes a management nightmare to add new ones...  

The "file filter" to me would be handy as I move entire blocks of folders over, or added data, and that includes files that are not image related, so they show up in the lists of files to "add"  like a thumbs.db file or text documents. Another pretty simple addition (I think) a mask in the config, and then a check during the building of the "add files" page... etc...  

I can live with the ftp files staying, although some how I do think it would be a cleaner implementation if the fftp area was just a "holding" area and the end result of the files were moved into the album area.   Perhaps some day IF I can ever find time, I'll play in the php as well.  something about kids makes that doubtful currently.

Take Care,
Quentin
« Last Edit: April 23, 2004, 05:45:18 am by QuentinJS »
Keep Hackin,
-=Q=-
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 21 queries.