Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thumbnail image for User gallery  (Read 2341 times)

Colliope

• Coppermine frequent poster
Thumbnail image for User gallery
« on: November 03, 2008, 06:29:46 am »

It seems the image used for the thumbnail for a User Gallery is whichever image comes first alphabetically according to the file name. So to make a specific image your Gallery thumbnail you have to name it AAA.jpg or such before uploading it. Is there an option I'm missing somwhere to easily set the thumbnail, like you can do for Album thumbs?

Thanks,
C

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Thumbnail image for User gallery
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 07:48:38 am »

The album thumbnail for user galleries works exactly in the same way the album thumbnails for albums in public categories work: you select the thumbnail used to represent an album on the album properties screen. The difference lies in the thumbnail for the user category (the thumbnail you see when going to http://yoursite.tld/your_coppermine_folder/index.php?cat=1). You indeed can't specify the category thumbnail in the same manner you do that for regular categories, as the non-admin user doesn't have the category manager available. That's what the radio button "Make this my icon" is meant to be used for that is available when you (as non-admin) click on "edit files" next to the thumbnail that represents an album within your user gallery.

Colliope

• Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Thumbnail image for User gallery
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 02:16:23 pm »

That's what the radio button "Make this my icon" is meant to be used for that is available when you (as non-admin) click on "edit files" next to the thumbnail that represents an album within your user gallery.

Thankyou so much for that straightforward answer. Going to add that info somewhere on my site for users, and now can concentrate on the problem I'm having. Thanks again,

C
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.