Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Admin Control Features  (Read 10050 times)

salvo

• Coppermine newbie
Admin Control Features
« on: November 02, 2008, 08:28:22 pm »

Creating a more dynamic Group control process.

1.  Album View for Groups:  Currently Admins can only set one group at a time for what group can View an Album.  The new feature should allow for the admin to set options for as groups as they want (you might have some users in certaing groups you want to view an album and certain users that are in other groups you don't want)  Ea:  If ther are 20 groups you may want 18 of them to view the album and the remaining 2 not to.

2. Category View for Groups:  Admin's currently can't control groups or users that can views pecific Categories.  It would be nice to create a private Category with albums that can only be viewed by groups that are assiged to view the specific hidden category.

3. Album upload for groups :  Currently an Admin can't control what groups can and can't upload to a particular album, this feature would be awesome and make coppermine even more dynamic. 

netmanBO

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Admin Control Features
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 06:18:53 pm »

Creating a more dynamic Group control process.

1.  Album View for Groups:  Currently Admins can only set one group at a time for what group can View an Album.  The new feature should allow for the admin to set options for as groups as they want (you might have some users in certaing groups you want to view an album and certain users that are in other groups you don't want)  Ea:  If ther are 20 groups you may want 18 of them to view the album and the remaining 2 not to.

2. Category View for Groups:  Admin's currently can't control groups or users that can views pecific Categories.  It would be nice to create a private Category with albums that can only be viewed by groups that are assiged to view the specific hidden category.

3. Album upload for groups :  Currently an Admin can't control what groups can and can't upload to a particular album, this feature would be awesome and make coppermine even more dynamic. 

The one I like the most is the 3rd feature if you have a list of priorities :)

designerx

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 08:43:09 pm »

I WHOLLY support the 2nd feature.  The 3rd feature would be just as wonderful!

Given my mission, setting group access to a category is significantly more useful than having to mark each album.

Hope to see this in the next run!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 08:50:30 am »

Feature request threads that don't respect the strict "one issue per thread" policy hardly ever get taken into account. This feeature request thread contains three issues rolled into one thread. I strongly doubt that devs will look into it in detail.
However, a complete re-design of the permission concept has been on the agenda for long anyway and has been requested often already.
The decision for one permission concept or the other will probably not be influenced by this thread, as it is not detailed enough in technical terms - it describes an ideal state in the words of an end user and not in the words of a coder, so it is not very usefull.

johnytin

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 09:39:08 am »

Another new thing, when creating a new thread the page title will change when the subject is changed -- let me know if this is too much or should be changed/scrapped.  I just thought of the idea and thought it might be nice. 

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 09:47:42 am »

Your reply shows that you haven't even read my reply. Locking. You appear to be part of the probing wave from India any way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.