Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: To admin  (Read 1526 times)

mrangry2

• Coppermine newbie
[Closed]: To admin
« on: November 01, 2008, 02:09:12 pm »

This is from shaney, why the hell was i banned. I genuinely could not start a new thread in any board and that is why I hijacked a post. I am a member of many other forums and have been a mod on two. I have never been banned, yet you ban me from trying to help coppermine with a possible security issue (which still maybe a problem) viewlog.php, xp_publish, zipdownload.php. I am not going to go into detail as I think I will probably be ignored like i was last night. If you would like my input please un-ban me. If you do not I will not be posting here ever again and will be deleting coppermine of all the sites i have build as I will not be able to get the support, this includes 30 customers sites. I will not be recomending them to remove coppermine but will tell them that i will not be able to help them with it.

I still canot beleve i have been banned for trying to help and that I have been treated this way by admin.

Not somuch mrangry but mrupset
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 02:45:13 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: To admin
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 02:41:40 pm »

You have been banned because you misbehaved badly (thread hijacking, thread drift, re-registration, speed-posting). You're not allowed to re-register, so you're not MrUpset nor MrAngry, but MrBeGoneForGood. You haven't been able to post on that board ("General discussion (no support!)") because on that very board where you tried to post, nobody has permissions to start a new thread. The board description says so, so you could have found out by reading. Let me quote the board description for you:
General discussion for everything that's coppermine-related. Do NOT post support or feature requests here, they should go into the proper boards. Edit 2007-04-11: Locked this sub-board; regular users can't start new threads here.
.There are some sub-board where users can start new threads and others where they can start new threads. You chose the wrong sub-board in the first place. Then you posted some rants about possible security issues without actually saying what you consider to be a security issue. Some other moron (jimel1981) butted in and posted his totally unrelated stuff in the thread that you already hijacked, because he/she felt encouraged by your silly postings. You answered him in detail (although your answers mostly were wrong), resulting in a match of forum-pong on a totally unrelated issue. You totally crippled the thread you hijacked.
That's why you got banned. You're not allowed to re-register. I don't care what you did on other other forums. On this forum, you're history. Locking, banning the third user account you created.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.