Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Fatal Error" when "Batch Adding" photos  (Read 3973 times)

Probie715

• Coppermine newbie
"Fatal Error" when "Batch Adding" photos
« on: October 26, 2008, 04:31:30 pm »

Up until recently, I have had no problems uploading photos, etc. Coppermine has worked like a charm. Recently I have been experiencing the following error when trying to use the "batch add photos" option from the Admin control panel. My installation of Coppermine is used in conjunction with a Joomla site, but IS NOT bridged.  Here is the error:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 9152 bytes) in /.../public_html/Coppermine/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 262
Where should I start looking for the problem?

roger_morgan

• Coppermine newbie
Re: "Fatal Error" when "Batch Adding" photos
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 07:05:04 pm »

Try removing all of your "new" pictures, and then with a known picture (eg a copy of one you already have in your album) try again. I had this happen when a damaged picture was included. If it works with the known picture then all  ::) you have to do is to find which of your new pictures causes the problem. in may case it was one which slipped throgh the net with an .eps extension and not my standard .jpg type.

In my experience the presence of Joomla is not a factor here.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 08:17:33 pm »

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#ErrorAllowedMemorySize

1. Read the documentation first!
The documentation that comes with coppermine should answer most newbie questions.

It is mandatory to read the documentation before being allowed to post a question in the first place. If your questions shows that you haven't read the docs, you will probably only get a short answer that contains a link to the docs.

Probie715

• Coppermine newbie
Re: "Fatal Error" when "Batch Adding" photos [RESOLVED]
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 09:08:22 pm »

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#ErrorAllowedMemorySize

I do appreciate the link to the documentation, however, I had already read the document you specified.  We had done some reconfiguring of our php on the webserver, not realizing that the Memory Limit had been returned to the default 8MB.  After posting the error and question, the other Admin submitted the list of changes/updates done, which pointed me to the reason for the error.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 07:11:20 am »

So the issue has been fixed?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.