Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: trouble viewing some buttons  (Read 2117 times)

MrsK

• Coppermine newbie
trouble viewing some buttons
« on: October 25, 2008, 07:23:28 pm »

Hi folks,

this is my first post. I've read through loads & loads and lurked a lot. I've been looking for software for a shared photogallery, tried Gallery & Gallery2 but they were far too cumbersome for me, and I have to say I love using Coppermine - it's fantastic, so thank you!

My one big problem at the moment is that in Admin mode, and sometimes in User mode, I have trouble viewing some of the buttons / images. I think it is partially a browser issue (it is worst in Safari, bad in Firefox and just about do-able in IE) but there are issues with all the browsers.

Sometimes I cannot see the images for the buttons for rating photos. Othertimes when say in Admin mode, I cannot view the images for the buttons for taking actions (eg deleting or moving) albums.

The website is http://muscatphotography.karamatt.com if anyone cares to take a look, I would really appreciate help/advise.

Many thanks!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: trouble viewing some buttons
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 07:29:18 pm »

You're running cpg1.4.8, while the most recent stable release currently is cpg1.4.19, so you're running 11 versions behind. Upgrade! We're not ready to look into issues that have been fixed long time ago. Upgrading is mandatory in terms of security as well. Why did you install such an ancient version if you started your gallery only recently?

MrsK

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 07:37:37 pm »

Joachim - thanks for the fast response - wow! Really appreciated.

I'm sorry - I did an auto-install from my host POWWEB. I didnt even realise that they would be so far behind. It didnt occur to me. They said they would do the installation.

I will now go and look up how to upgrade to the latest version.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 07:51:46 pm »

You just found out one reason why we constantly tell our users that auto-installers suck. Please go ahead and upgrade (as per docs). Please tell your webhost POWWEB as well that it is totally irresponsible from them to package such an ancient version into their auto-installers - you're welcome to refer to this thread. Quality webhosters offer auto-installers as well, but they keep their packages up-to-date and let theor users know if critical flaws are being detected in the apps they use.
Some interessting reading from the preliminary docs for cpg1.5.x, which explains in more detail why we're not very fond of auto-installers.

From PowWeb's website:
Script Instant Installer - Better Than Fantastico!
. Sounds like a bad joke to me: if they still offer cpg1.4.8, they're even worse than Fantastico.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.