Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: upgrading from 1.4.18 to 1.4.19 in a real mess  (Read 4946 times)

parkvilla

• Coppermine newbie
upgrading from 1.4.18 to 1.4.19 in a real mess
« on: October 28, 2008, 01:40:06 am »

Hello, I am new to coppermine and everthing was going real well until I tried to upgrade from 1.4.18 to 1.4.19 I followed all the insructions and everything seemed to be fine but when I tried to view the gallery on my site www.parkvillafc.net I got an error message that read 'while executing query "SELECT * FROM cpg_config" on 0 my SQL error: Table 'parkvill_gallery2.cpg_config' doesn't exist. I admit that since then I have tried following everything suggested on these forums and in the upgrade instructions (regarding the backup) but I have got into a right mess and have deleted some SQL databases and the coppermine versions 1.1.18 & 1.4.19. Everything i.e.pictures etc is still on my FTP server but Coppermine won't let me put a new version on without deleting some files. I am afraid to do this as it has taken me three months to get all the photos on my site. I know I'm an idiot for going on so far without asking for help but I thought it could all be reversed but of course it can't. I will be most grateful if anyone has the answers to my problem, I can provide you with any additional inormation as required. Assuming that someone is able to sort this out will links I have to photos in coppermine still work or will I have to start the whole gallery from scratch again? If this is not the place to put this post I apologise and I really have looked long and very hard to see if the answer is elsewhere on the forum but it doesn't seem to be! I've been at this for four and a half hours now yours in desperation :-[

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: upgrading from 1.4.18 to 1.4.19 in a real mess
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 08:02:42 am »

Actual link to your gallery is http://www.parkvillafc.net/gallery/ I pressume? If yes, re-upload all files from the cpg1.4.19 package there. Restore the backup you made before starting to mess up.

parkvilla

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 05:54:43 pm »

Thank you for your advice I have tried to follow it as best as I can but I'm not sure if what I am doing is right. When I click on the link www.parkvillafc.net/gallery/ I now get the folllowing message: While executing query "SELECT * FROM cpg14x_parkvillconfig" on 0

mySQL error: Table 'parkvill_gallery2.cpg14x_parkvillconfig' doesn't exist

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 11:26:59 pm »

Well, obviously the database table doesn't exist. Seems like you deleted it when running havoc. Restore it from your backup then.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.