Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Embed Gallery into existing HTML template  (Read 6445 times)

refresh

• Coppermine newbie
Embed Gallery into existing HTML template
« on: April 20, 2004, 10:37:25 pm »

I've designed a website for an artist friend of mine and I'd like to use coppermine to manage his gallery.

Ideally, I want to embed the coppermine gallery into an existing HTML template to keep the site clean and consistent. Is this possible? If so, can someone with very little PHP knowledge (myself) do it... easily?

If yes, what do I need to do to get started?

A screencap of the HTML template (dreamweaver) is here: http://projects.refreshmedia.ca/jordanbent/site/frame1.html. I'd like to put the coppermine gallery into the pink section (currently a table cell).

any help would be much appreciated.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 11:25:14 pm »

it's not possible to include coppermine into an existing html page (except by using  the clumsy frame or iframe approach, because coppermine comes with it's own theme/template system, but it's quite easy to modify a coppermine them to match the look of your site. Take a look at the demo and play with the dropdown that says "default" - you can choose some user-contributed themes there, so you can imagine it's easy to build your own (no php knowledge necessary, everything plain html and css).

GauGau

refresh

• Coppermine newbie
building a theme
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 12:15:17 am »

Thanks for that info!

Where would I start if I wanted to build a theme? Is there a tutorial or a basic framework that I need to use?

hyperion

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
  • - retired -
"Then, Fletch," that bright creature said to him, and the voice was very kind, "let's begin with level flight . . . ."

-Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

(http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/buttons/getfirefox_small.png)

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 12:24:16 am »

Take a look at this, http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/manual.php#creating section 2.4.  Also, have a look at the demo, and change the theme to 'styleguide'.  This will give you an idea of which bits of the css do what.

Also, you may want to consider placing one or more pics from the gallery in that 'pink space'.  Look at the threads for 'rss feeds', and 'random image include'.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

refresh

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 01:55:14 am »

thanks all... I installed coppermine and am about to start 'playing' with it. I appreciate the assistance!

photoman13

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2004, 02:28:59 am »

hmm I did it :)

All ya gotta do is add the CODES where they should go.. and save the page as the Template.

I think I did a good job of it .. myself if I do say so myself :)

All I did was look at the present templates... where the codes where you need... like {MENU} .. {ADMIN_MENU} ... {GALLERY} ... etc..

put them where you want on the page.. and save it.. just remeber you'll have to make the template flexable, meaning that if it continues down the page more then you like it too... it don't screw up the look of the page itself.

You can see my creation, all I got left to fix is the User Menu under the header (But all that stuff is in the navigation bar on the left pull out anyways.)

I'm working on an artist of a different sort... music! :)

to see what I did Click Here It's a country artist that isn't signed to a label yet...

I got the forums and gallery almost done.. soon I'm gonna tear apart the rest of the site... :)

But like GauGau said.. just look at the template... see how it's done... and make your own! It's not that hard... :)

refresh

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2004, 04:54:20 am »

thanks!

I'm playing around with it now. Hopefully I'll come up with something decent.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.