Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Joomla + CPG template syncing  (Read 4261 times)

fribert

• Coppermine newbie
Joomla + CPG template syncing
« on: September 07, 2008, 07:41:37 pm »

Hi all

I have the following issue when trying to bridge coppermine and Joomla:
The background colour of Joomla is my 'text' colour for the site, making it look quite odd.

Coppermine install: http://www.fribert.dk/cpg/
Forum install: http://www.fribert.dk
Coppermine version: cpg1.4.19
Forum version: Joomla 1.5.6
Test user account:
Use post-based groups?:  1

Template: rt_replicant_j15

It's a very nice looking template, and the 'style2.css' conversion from mehdi worked quite well, except for the background colour being set to white.
I have NO idea how the CSS file works, so I hope I can get some 'idiots' help here  ::)

I'm not sure if the background colour would be good as transparent, so some solid colour is preferable.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
Re: Joomla + CPG template syncing
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 10:06:23 pm »

Unfortunately, I cannot log on to your gallery as you have not provided a test account for joomla.

There is a lot more to it than just changing a couple of things. Firstly, some of the graphics colours need changing for menus etc. If you are using Firefox then install the firebug plugin. It will allow you to fiddle with the css and immediately see the results.

Take a look through all the theme docs on here as they explain how almost everything you are asking is done.

I have also attached a them I use on one site bridged with joomla which is also dark. You could try that and see how it looks. It already has the graphics darkened and it would be a simple step from there to change the background to transparrent.

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

fribert

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 09:45:59 am »

Unfortunately, I cannot log on to your gallery as you have not provided a test account for joomla.

There is a lot more to it than just changing a couple of things. Firstly, some of the graphics colours need changing for menus etc. If you are using Firefox then install the firebug plugin. It will allow you to fiddle with the css and immediately see the results.

Take a look through all the theme docs on here as they explain how almost everything you are asking is done.

I have also attached a them I use on one site bridged with joomla which is also dark. You could try that and see how it looks. It already has the graphics darkened and it would be a simple step from there to change the background to transparrent.

Hi Phill

I am using firefox, so I'll go and get firebug as step 1.
When I get back from my business trip, I'll go and search out the docs. I did go to the docs on the webpage originally, but the part where it says '2.3.6.7 Modifying colors' is quite useless.

Best regards
Kenneth

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 08:22:12 pm »

Did you try the theme I have attached? I changed it to give clear background. Here is an example of what it looks like.

http://www.windsurf.me.uk/cpg133
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

fribert

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 07:16:02 pm »

Just got back, I'll go and try it out in the next couple of days...

fionab

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 04:46:33 pm »

Did you try the theme I have attached? I changed it to give clear background. Here is an example of what it looks like.

http://www.windsurf.me.uk/cpg133

This is exactly what I want please give us advice how to do the menu heder. I managed to incorporate my phpbb with the joomla pill menu but now want to incorporate the gallery
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.