Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question regarding security of CPG  (Read 2047 times)

net

• Coppermine regular visitor
Question regarding security of CPG
« on: October 17, 2008, 12:29:58 pm »

Hello,

I know this is placed in the wrong section but for some reason i could not make a new thread in the General discussions forum, maybe someone messed up all the permissions for the forum?

Anyway...

I would like to know where most of the security flaws that has been found in CPG previously has been? Are they are related to user upload access? So if no one besides the admin has access to upload theres extreamly low risk of sql injection in cpg?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Question regarding security of CPG
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 03:09:06 pm »

I know this is placed in the wrong section but for some reason i could not make a new thread in the General discussions forum, maybe someone messed up all the permissions for the forum?
You're not allowed to start new threads on the General discussions forum, so there is no error in permissions - this is on purpose.

I would like to know where most of the security flaws that has been found in CPG previously has been?
Use your favorite diff viewer to figure out. Will take some hours though - that's why you have to do this on your own; supporters won't do that for you.

Are they are related to user upload access?
No

So if no one besides the admin has access to upload theres extreamly low risk of sql injection in cpg?
No, that's wrong. In fact, it's utter nonsense. Disallowing uploads by others doesn't keep you safe from exploits/attacks against older versions. You have to update no matter what.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.