Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: High Server Usage - Script now disabled.  (Read 8343 times)

911Patches

• Coppermine newbie
    • www.911Patches.com
High Server Usage - Script now disabled.
« on: October 12, 2008, 08:18:00 pm »

I was just informed by my webhost that one of my scripts is causing high usage. The tech advised me to post a message to get some help regarding this or updating the script? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have posted the message below:

Hello, While monitoring the server where your account is located on, I had to disable the script /main/displayimage.php on your account because your account's resource usage was too high. Here is your current account usage: Domain: patchgallery.com CPU usage: 20.94 RAM memory Usage: 2.20 MySQL Average Queries: 0.8 Top Process %CPU 52.0 /main/displayimage.php Top Process %CPU 48.0 /main/displayimage.php Top Process %CPU 47.0 /main/displayimage.php Please note that your account's resource usage was very high and we have been forced to disable the mentioned script due to high usage. Your account was utilizing excessive resources, causing a significant degradation of services on the server. This is a shared environment and we can not allow one user to utilize the majority of the resources on a server as it affects all users adversely. Your CPU usage would need to be at least 20 times lower. We will be waiting for your fast answer and actions. Thank you. Kind Regards, Ali Hameed JSA

Thanks
Matthew
www.patchgallery.com/main

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: High Server Usage - Script now disabled.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 07:58:45 am »

I get a "500 Internal Server Error" when trying to access displayimage on your site, so I can't recommend anything except a generic advice to disable some of the extra features on your page that cause I high load. The things I would turn off first are the language selector and the custom sort. Additionally, you might want to disable some meta albums

911Patches

• Coppermine newbie
    • www.911Patches.com
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 03:16:01 am »

Does the slideshow feature put a lot of heat on the server?
Is that something that would be advised to be disabled to prevent high server usage?
Also, what are meta albums?
Thank You
Matthew

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 08:19:44 am »

Yes, disabling the slideshow can have a huge impact. Meta albums are "random", "last updated", "most viewed", "top rated" etc.

Dr_Michael

• Coppermine regular visitor
    • LightHunt
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 09:33:36 am »

The things I would turn off first are the language selector and the custom sort. Additionally, you might want to disable some meta albums

The above is very important! But can you please explain in more details please?
First, is language selector so intensive? I didnt know it. I just disabled it.
Second, how can I disable custom sort? I use 1.4.8 stable version and cannot upgrade it for many reasons.
Last but not least, what are those meta albums and how can I disable them?

Thank you and I am looking forward for your reply since I face an important issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.