Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Banning  (Read 2337 times)

porcelina

• Coppermine newbie
Banning
« on: October 07, 2008, 06:22:58 am »

Hey everyone,

I'm having a little problem with users stealing photos from my gallery and putting them on their website.  I'd like to ban these people from my gallery, however, all I know for sure are their email addresses, not their IP addresses.  Also, there are over 500 users in my gallery so searching through every single name can be super tedious.  Is there any way to do a search for the email addresses people put in their profiles in order to ban a username?

Any information would be really helpful.

Thanks!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Banning
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 07:17:44 am »

Best solution would be to use a third-party tool like phpMyAdmin to browse the database. However, I don't think that it will be worth the effort, with IP addresses being assigned dynamically for most clients, ban by IP is a lame tool that you can hardly use to stop those leechers. Instead, I suggest placing a watermark on your pics.

porcelina

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 07:18:16 pm »

Thanks for the info.  Yeah, I have been putting watermarks on them, and this person has been removing them and putting her own in their place :/

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2008, 10:30:44 am »

Then I suggest you review your watermark: a good watermark can not be removed without crippling the original image. Take a look at the watermarks applied by professional stock photography pages, like http://www.stockxpert.com/browse.phtml?f=view&id=20373201
As I said initially: banning by IP address is hardly an option. If you want advice on your watermarked images and how to improve your watermarks, post a link to your gallery for a start.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.