Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Invalid]: vbulletin 3.7 integretion  (Read 3935 times)

fz1

• Coppermine newbie
[Invalid]: vbulletin 3.7 integretion
« on: October 02, 2008, 08:47:42 pm »

Hi, This question is about the linking from my bb to coppermine.
I have done searches and looked at documentaion but did not see what i needed.
I used the bridge manager and I feel everything is correct because coppermine see's my users names.
I can upload and do all of the admin functions.
Does this mean that the bridge is properly completed?

This may not be your issue but do i have to create a link from my board to look for the album or was the bridge supposed to take care of this?
 Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 03:07:30 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: vbulletin 3.7 integretion
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 07:32:37 am »

I have done searches
Sure. Did you read the sticky thread "When requesting bridge support - mandatory!"? Obviously not.

and looked at documentaion
I'm not sure you read it thoroughly. From the relevant section of the docs:
Bridging support
With the explanations given above you should be able to bridge your (BBS) application with Coppermine. However, if things don't work as expected, you're welcome to look for help using the coppermine support board. When asking for support, please keep in mind that the supporters will need some information to enable them to help you:
  • Search the board before posting - maybe somebody had similar issues to yours that have been solved already
  • Post on the board that deals with your version - bridging mechanisms have changed from version to version, that's why it's important to post on the board that actually corresponds to your coppermine version
  • Don't hijack threads - when looking for bridging support, start your own thread
  • Read the sticky threads before posting
  • Make sure you are using the latest versions of the bridging files, they are kept up to date between formal Coppermine releases. Download the relevant files from the SVN. Update udb_base.inc.php and the file that corresponds to the bridge you are using and upload them into your bridge directory, overwriting the old ones. Of course you should make sure to use the most recent stable coppermine release in the first place.
  • When requesting bridge support, please post a link to your site, a test user account, and what you have set in the bridge manager.
    Make sure that the test user account doesn't have admin privileges. When posting parts of your bridge file, make sure to replace passwords with asterisks.

This is how your posting should look like (with actual URLs instead of the dummy URLs given here as an example):

I have the following issue when trying to bridge coppermine and XXX:
      [error message here]

Coppermine install: http://mysite.tld/my_coppermine_folder/
      Forum install: http://mysite.tld/my_forum_folder/
      Coppermine version: cpg1.4.19
      Forum version: SuperDuper BBS app v0.8.15
      Test user account: some_testuser_name / the_password_for_the_test_user_account

BridgeManager settings:
      Forum URL:  http://mysite.tld/test/foo_bar
      Relative path to your BBS's config file:  ../bla/
      Use post-based groups?:  0 

I can't spot the relevant pieces of information in your posting, so you must have overlooked the instructions that explain what you need to do in your request for help.

fz1

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 07:53:33 pm »

Thanks for your reply.
 Yes i did read and no I did not do as you asked with accounts etc. My board has been off and on since work is being done on it and the info would probably not have been too helpful at all times for you.

My question was not addressed by you though. It had nothing to do with if the bridge worked. I have no problem with the bridge. All i wanted to know is:

Will your bridgeing software add any links in VB pages  to coppermine when it does the bridge?

Very simple yes or no would be fine.

Thank you for being so considerate.

Nibbler

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 11:16:10 pm »

You need to add your own links. The bridge system will never touch your forum in any way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.