Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Coppermine use the forum database as the master user database?  (Read 3303 times)

Yukiko

• Coppermine newbie

To elaborate, does Coppermine create and maintain its own separate user database or does it integrate with and use only the forum database for user validation and storage of its data?

I use the same forum software that you are using here and am switching my front end portal from one CMS to MKPortal because I find the integration of MKPortal with Simple Machines Forum to be a much better affair than the glitchy mod that is available for my old CMS. My old CMS maintained its own separate user DB and only used the forum DB as for simple validation of users. If a user logged into the CMS and then went to the forum index page they almost always ended up having to log-in the forums again.

What I want is a reasonably stable unified log-in procedure that will only require one log-in to access the restricted content on my sites.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Yukiko

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Does Coppermine use the forum database as the master user database?
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 09:55:28 am »

Thanks Joachim.

From what I gleaned by reading between the lines Coppermine maintains its own fully separate database and updates/synchs it with the forums' DB.

It's too bad the group synching thing couldn't be automated but I imagine that would require modifying the board's software and that can get messy.

Anyway, thanks again for adding the integration feature. It certainly makes life easier for those of us who don't or can't script/program in PHP.

BTW ain't SMF great!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.