Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Batch add files  (Read 7800 times)

guanaco

• Coppermine newbie
    • Tusell Networks
Problem with Batch add files
« on: September 30, 2008, 07:14:58 am »

Good evening, I am having problems adding files using the "Batch add files" link. What I do is the following:

• Create an album
  • Click on "Batch add files"
  • select the folders on my server where the files are located
  • select the album where the files will be displayed
  • select the files I want to add (It doesnt matter if I select one or more files)
  • click on "Insert selected files

As soon as I click on that button I am redirected to this URL: /searchnew.php?insert=1 and I am asked to select the folder on my server where the files are located, over and over...  What might be the problem?

Thanks for your help in advance

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Problem with Batch add files
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 07:19:38 am »

Read the docs, sections "asking for support on upload issues" and "upload troubleshooting". Do exactly as suggested there. Additionally, post a deep link to one of the file that you're having issues with when batch-adding.

guanaco

• Coppermine newbie
    • Tusell Networks
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 07:35:07 am »

Read the docs, sections "asking for support on upload issues" and "upload troubleshooting". Do exactly as suggested there. Additionally, post a deep link to one of the file that you're having issues with when batch-adding.

Thank you, I read what you asked me but is nothing related to "Batch add files", even thought I did it... I turned on the debug mode to everyone and made the adjustments in the groups area... but I am not using the "add files" link.

I have tried to "batch add files" again with no success... also the documentation asks me to create a user not in the admins group... as far as I know only ADMINS can use "batch add files" so I dont see the case of creating this user, but you tell me.

As addition, as you asked, the URL to the gallery is: http://rallyemanmotorsport.org/galeria and the path is /home/rallyema/public_html/galeria. The deep path to one of the files is /home/rallyema/public_html/galeria/albums/Rallye_Independencia_2008/rallye/FILENAME (two examples of FILENAMES: dsc07360.JPG, dsc07364_640x480.jpg)

Let me know if you need anything else and I'll do it right away. Thanks so much

guanaco

• Coppermine newbie
    • Tusell Networks
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 11:53:07 pm »

is there anybody that can help me with this? PLEASE!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 12:17:33 am »

I told you to read the docs and do as suggested there. I have nothing else to say. Re-read it and do as suggested there. Read it carefully. Read it once more. Then read it again. Then do as suggested.

guanaco

• Coppermine newbie
    • Tusell Networks
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 12:28:42 am »

I told you to read the docs and do as suggested there. I have nothing else to say. Re-read it and do as suggested there. Read it carefully. Read it once more. Then read it again. Then do as suggested.
Mr. Müller, I appreciate your help, but if you really dont want to help... probably somebody else will do... you already sugested me to read the docs, which I did and did everything that it says... but reading and re-reading and re-re-reading it WILL NOT FIX ANY ISSUE... seriously... I dont know if that works for you....

I just asked for help on a matter that I have tried everthing that I can think about... I follow your first step to help me (by reading the docs and doing what it says)

thank you for your time Mr. Müller... you are the first one I met in support area that doesnt want to help....

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 12:43:16 am »

Sure. I have seen rants like yours before countless times, so I'm not really upset. For those who are to lazy to read, let me quote from the section of the docs that I have told you to read to many times:
Asking for support on upload issues

When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested. If you want fast results, you should disable admin approval for the group the test user is in, so supporters can tell instantly what is wrong without needing to double-check.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!
Where's the test user account? You have failed to post it. We need it to make sure that http uploads work in the first place. As suggested in the docs, the steps that are outlined are mandatory, even if you have issues with other upload methods.
Accusing me of not being ready to help is just a lame excuse for your laziness and your reluctance to do your homework by just reading a very small section of the docs. I wouldn't have a post count of 30k if I was too lazy to actually support people. It's just that I'm fed up having to tell the same stuff over and over again. You're not the first person who has issues with uploading, so you better trust my advice: do as suggested and we'll be able to help you. If you don't, you're wasting both your as well as my time.
You hijacked another thread, you failed to do as suggested, you accuse me to be unwilling to help and you're not even capable of posting a proper deep link: a deep link to one of the files you're having issues with would be http://rallyemanmotorsport.org/galeria/albums/Rallye_Independencia_2008/rallye/dsc07360.JPG according to the gibberish you posted above, although that file doesn't exist and returns a 404 not found.
So you better grow up and learn to play by the rules. If you don't, don't bother to reply.

guanaco

• Coppermine newbie
    • Tusell Networks
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 12:58:54 am »

Mr. Müller... I apologize for this, let me start with this...

As I wrote on my previous post... I did not create a test user because the problem is with the Batch Add Files, and the docs clearly say "When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!)" and the only users with access to Batch Add Files are the ones in the Admin group.

Never the less, here is the test user; username: test password: test123. And by the way... http uploads work just fine, but I want to use Batch Add Files because there are a lot of pictures I need to add.

Regarding the link to the file, when I posted the URL/path it was working, that was about 12 hours (I know you might be busy, I am not saying this to blame or something) but I tried removing capital letters and underscores to see if that works... but didnt. I renamed the folder back again to the original as you mentioned.

Once again, I apologize for the post but I am really frustrated that I asked for help and you sent me to re-read what I read and did with you first reply. I understand that there is lazy people that wants to have everything fixed without doing anything... but I am not like that... sorry again.

Please let me know if you need anything else in order to help me and what other step should I perform

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 07:21:30 am »

Clicking on the login link on your page sends me to http://www.rallyemanmotorsport.com/site1/index.php?option=com_user&view=login&return=Li4vZ2FsZXJpYS9pbmRleC5waHA= - that page doesn't exist.
Fix that first.

guanaco

• Coppermine newbie
    • Tusell Networks
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 08:29:33 am »

the URL is fixed... the bridge was incorrect... and was redirecting to rallyemanmotorsport.com instead to rallyemanmotorsport.org.

I tried to see if that solved the problem but it didnt. Now you can log in. Sorry for that

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 08:49:43 am »

The test user account doesn't have upload privileges, so I can't perform the needed tests. I'm fed up with this - I'm not willing to beg you to let me support you. You should have tested all necessary steps (the test user account logging in and uploading pics) before sending me to your site, making me discover in each step that you haven't made your homeworks. Given your rude behaviour from above (accusations) and your reluctance to do this properly I'm not inclined to look into this any longer - I'm out of this thread. Maybe someone else will have the patience to look into your issues further. Bye.

guanaco

• Coppermine newbie
    • Tusell Networks
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 03:35:07 pm »

thats ok, I appreciate your help and sorry for the inconvenience...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.