Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Batch add files not working?  (Read 7114 times)

*Aryan*

• Coppermine newbie
[Closed]: Batch add files not working?
« on: September 28, 2008, 02:56:29 pm »

I can't upload using batch add nor can I add using URL upload... Can anyone help?? Thanks!!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 06:12:24 pm by Joachim Müller »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

*Aryan*

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Batch add files not working?
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 12:33:02 am »

None of the problems listed had occured with me, I only get a problem that everything works fine but when I choose the album and finally upload FTP files it says Result: "X"... There is no imagine, only red X button.

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 04:27:29 am »

Joachim pointed you to: "Upload troubleshooting". If you read carefully you will notice that there are not problems listed in that topic but steps to do mandatory before asking for support on upload issues. After reading that, follow the steps.

Then, it says:

Then try to upload (using http uploads, even if you experienced troubles using another upload method) - you should get a more detailed error message that tells you what exactly goes wrong with your uploads. If the error message doesn't mean anything to you, search the support board for the error message you get.

And if you have already did that, it says:

Asking for support on upload issues.

When asking for support on the coppermine forum, post a link to your site and a test user account (the test user mustn't be in the admin group!) with upload privileges, with the above mentioned settings in place - this way, supporters can see the error messages as well. Do not post debug_output unless requested. If you want fast results, you should disable admin approval for the group the test user is in, so supporters can tell instantly what is wrong without needing to double-check.

When people have issues with uploading and decide to post their question on the Coppermine support board, they usually are told to read this upload troubleshooting section. Many of them fail to do so properly, which results in frustration both for users as well as supporters. To make this absolutely clear: the above mentioned steps are absolutely mandatory, no matter what skill level you have, no matter what upload method you have troubles with. Failing to do exactly as suggested will result in your request for help being ignored. Yes, this applies to you. We mean it!
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 06:12:10 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.