Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help  (Read 3792 times)

*Aryan*

• Coppermine newbie
Help
« on: September 27, 2008, 08:39:55 pm »

I need help with a few things on my gallery,

I updated the style.css of the gallery and made some changes but they're not showing on the gallery.

I also want to make all thumbnails in the size of 75x75 pixels but they're looking pixelated, any idea what I can do about it?

How can I change # views to views: #?

One more question, how can I prevent spam bots from registering.

Thank you!

JohnM-UK

Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 09:11:00 pm »

I need help with a few things on my gallery,

I updated the style.css of the gallery and made some changes but they're not showing on the gallery.

I also want to make all thumbnails in the size of 75x75 pixels but they're looking pixelated, any idea what I can do about it?

How can I change # views to views: #?

One more question, how can I prevent spam bots from registering.

Thank you!
To begin with, to help people help you. I would suggest the following;
Be a bit less vague in the subject. It encourages more people to read the thread if they have some idea of what it's about. Something like "Help with resizing thumbnails". Also I think the forum policy is 1 question per thread, but I'll try to be of some help here.
If you are resizing thumbnails from config it will literally stretch/shrink the existing images. So if you have thumbnails that are 100x67 px and you resize them to say, 120x120 px then it will just stretch the image, therefore you will lose alot of quality in that small image. If you want to resize/resample the actual images without compromising on the image quality then you need to use a image editing program such as photoshop/elements to either resize/resample the thumnail or recreate one from the original/larger size.

For spam prevention for comments/login/registration. See Captcha:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,36319.0.html

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 09:14:50 pm »

Or you could change the thumb size then re-create the thumbs with the admin tools as described in the docs.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#admin_picture_thumbnail
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

*Aryan*

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2008, 12:31:46 am »

Thanks, I chose the option update thumbnails but I don't whether I choose resized photos or not. Does it mean it will resize large photos or update the intermediate photos? Also, where can I type the dimensions (widthxheight) I want for the thumbnails?

*Aryan*

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2008, 12:58:19 am »

Does anyone know how can I have same dimensions for width and height i.e. 75x75 px

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2008, 07:30:12 am »

Install the modpack.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2008, 09:47:07 am »

One question per thread. Locking
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.