Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help, I screwed up only login in database  (Read 2423 times)

DDT

• Coppermine newbie
Help, I screwed up only login in database
« on: September 28, 2008, 01:27:22 am »

I have a client that I did a custom install of Coppermine for. It only had one user who was also the administrator (my bad) and I set it up to display their inventory in various categories...they loved it. (no outside uploads, just them showing off their stuff)

Then they did not pay me for the work. So I changed the password so they could not login and turned the gallery off (maintenance mode)  >:(
So the guy shows up with cash to pay me.

Then when I tried to login I kept using the new password I thought was what I changed it to and it would not work, I kept getting banned for trying so I was in phpMyadmin anyway to remove the bans so I could keep trying...I was hungry (literally) and the mad client was standing with cash in hand behind me and an hour had gone by so it was hard to think. Then I thought "I'll just put the password in the password field in phpMyadmin"... of course it totally screwed up then.

WRONG I didn't save the number/letter string I deleted (stupid but he was breathing down my neck)

So now I am stuck. I must get back into the site and turn it back on (create an admin password and get past the "database error" screen)

So if somebody can tell me any type override or way to get a password in there, get past the "database error" screen and login and turn it back on I'll get paid, if not I stay hungry  :(

ANY help GREATLY appreciated, I new better than to type directly into the database in phpMyadmin and should have copied it's number string but too late now and he has TONS of photos uploaded. If I lose them I'll never see my money...

DDT

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Help, I screwed up only login in database
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 01:57:38 am »

Got rid of the error, found I had deleted a table from database and copied it from another install, but in the other install the username & password are in plain text. This one (newer) was characters & numbers and I changed to a plain text-now it won't let me an --any ideas appreciated?

Nibbler

Re: Help, I screwed up only login in database
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 07:20:38 am »

Change the dropdown beside the field to MD5 in phpmyadmin and type whatever password you want.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 20 queries.