Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duplicate Albums / Pictures  (Read 7566 times)

tathy0914

• Coppermine newbie
Duplicate Albums / Pictures
« on: September 23, 2008, 01:11:33 am »

Hello!

I've my gallery a long time now.. and I was uploading some puictures today, but when I created an album they got duplicated... I tought it was weird, but I erase one album and left the other... and was upload the pictures through Batch add files, and they got all duplicated as well. But in this case, if I erase one file, the other is erased too.
I tried to erase and start all over again, and nothing...

Here is the link to my gallery:
http://www.sweet-keira.net/gallery

I've created the test user
User: test
Password: test

But when I upload a picture through the user upload, the problem don't appear, only through 'Batch add files' and the creating new albums.

tathy0914

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Duplicate Albums / Pictures
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 01:13:17 am »

Sorry, I don't know how to edit the other post...

But I tested creating a new category.. and they got duplicated too  :'(
Everything is duplicated now... I don't know what to do.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 07:07:32 am »

I think I have read about this behaviour before in another thread. Not sure how it is caused nor do I remember out of the back of my head how to circumvent this.
There is no album where the test user account is allowed to upload to, so I can't really test things.

HeinzEgger

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 03:41:03 pm »

Hi
we have the same problem. I've put some screenshots. You might read what I exchanged with Joachim Müller.

Link to the thread: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,55025.0.html

Unfortunately, no solution has been found yet.

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 05:02:28 pm »

I had the same problem a couple of times. AFAIK it's caused by the FTP client. I deleted all the pictures and then re uploaded to fix the problem. But sometimes, this issue comes up again. Unsolved yet. No solution it's givven by the dev team because I don't think this is a cpg issue. Anyway, just uncheck the double pictures and try to live with it as I do.  ;)
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

tathy0914

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 06:34:34 pm »

The problem fix itself.. I didn't do anything, but when I tried again, no more problem... No ideia why. I can only assume it was a server problem?

Thanks everyone that reply ^^

Cleaner007

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 10:10:21 pm »

I think the best decision to delete duplicate gallery is to use Clone Remover. kind app! :)

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 03:45:41 am »

Just for the record:

I think the best decision to delete duplicate gallery is to use Clone Remover. kind app!
Thanks for your advise, but, when I suffer that problem, in the server there was not duplicated inded.

To clarify: I see double pictures with coppermine, but not duplicated in my server. So why I said (in my previosly posting) that's a issue created by the FTP client, because when I read the same folder with another fresh install of cpg and a new database that I created later, there was no duplicated. Very strange issue.

I'm replying to warning to use this software, why? Because this problem it's even stranger. When I deleted some of the files that were <duplicated> (I erase the duplicated pictures from the batch manager) I was deleting the files that should place in order of the real file, not duplicated one. Very difficult to explain.

Example:

In my Batch manager I see:

car15.jpg
car16.jpg
car16.jpg

car18.jpg
car19.jpg

So, I deleted the second file named 'car16.jpg' but doing this I was deleting the 'car17.jpg' from my server. Weird right?

Regards,
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 07:44:22 am »

I think the best decision to delete duplicate gallery is to use Clone Remover. kind app! :)
Doesn't help at all against duplicates on the server, as I already told you on the other thread where you posted your advert for that tool. From that thread:
Doesn't take care of the records in coppermine's database though, and only runs on your Windows-driven client, so it's sort of too late to run it on the client, as the files with identical file names (except capitalization) don't even make it through the transfer throug FTP from the Linux box to the PC. I can see that you're only trying to be helpful, but in the case brought up by the thread starter your suggested tool won't be of any help.

AllanCass

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 07:07:25 pm »

Try this tool:
Find Duplicate Photos

Hello!

I've my gallery a long time now.. and I was uploading some puictures today, but when I created an album they got duplicated... I tought it was weird, but I erase one album and left the other... and was upload the pictures through Batch add files, and they got all duplicated as well. But in this case, if I erase one file, the other is erased too.
I tried to erase and start all over again, and nothing...

Here is the link to my gallery:
http://www.sweet-keira.net/gallery

I've created the test user
User: test
Password: test

But when I upload a picture through the user upload, the problem don't appear, only through 'Batch add files' and the creating new albums.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 11:01:41 pm »

I posted just one posting above yours that client tools can't be used on the server and that posting adverts for such tools is not allowed. You qualify as moron by not reading the thread you replied to. I don't even have to edit out your advert link as you crippled it yourself in the first place. Even board spam postings need a bit cleverness. Anyway, I won't allow you to correct your mistake. Banning. Locking

Joachim

P.S. According to your IP address you're from Bulgaria and not from Canada. Not a bright idea to cheat even when posting your nationality
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.