Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: i3Theme 1.7 Classic (Center Edition) for CPG 1.4.x and WordPress 2.6.x  (Read 24359 times)

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos

Hello CPG Users!

Fabri requested a WordPress theme port of i3Theme 1.7 Classic (Center Edition) and since I haven't done a new theme in a long time, I thought I'd get back in the saddle. This is a very nice theme and I'm thinking of using it on my blog. There are several colors schemes and a single sidebar version so I can work on those if anyone needs them. Below are the contents of the readme.txt file and please take notice of the requirements that the links must be retained in the footer (either modified or unmodified) if you use this theme.

I've overwritten some of the configuration settings by using variables in the theme.php file and added a new variable for retrieving the album description. The reason for this is to prevent the standard settings in the Configuration tables set by you from "breaking" the theme. If you wish to change these settings, do so here or delete them altogether and use the Configuration Manager in Coppermine. These changes are:

// These parameters overide what the user inputs in the Configuration setup to prevent the theme from breaking.
$CONFIG['max_film_strip_items'] = 4; //overrides the number of thumbnails.
$CONFIG['thumbcols'] = 4; //overrides the number of columns for thumbnails.
$CONFIG['main_table_width'] = '100%'; //overrides the Width of the main table (pixels or %).
$CONFIG['picture_table_width'] = '100%'; //overrides the Width of the table for file display (pixels or %).
$CONFIG['album_list_cols'] = 2; // sets "Number of columns for the album list = 2"
$CONFIG['first_level'] = 0 ; //sets "Show first level album thumbnails in categories = no".
$album_desc = get_album_desc($_GET[album]);

This theme has the first level of album thumbnails turned off to make large galleries look move attractive. This will prevent the main page from being cluttered with thumbnails and easier to chose a particular category. There is also a new function for truncating the album descriptions when viewing on the index or category pages. When you view a single album, the full description is printed out at the top of the album. This makes the index and category pages much cleaner looking. I've also adapted it to truncate long image captions when viewing on a thumbnail page but prints the full caption when viewing the intermediate image.

To edit the number of characters in the truncated album description, find in 2 places in the theme.php file - '{ALB_DESC}' => myTruncate($album['album_desc'], 20, " "), and change the number (20) to any length your desire. You can also change the padding characters (...) to any other set of characters by editing function myTruncate($string, $limit, $break=".", $pad="...") in the theme.php file.

To edit the number of characters in the truncated image caption, find in 2 places in the theme.php file - '{CAPTION}' => myTruncate($caption, 120, " "), // changing the number changes the # of characters printed for the thumbnail caption. and change the number (120) to an length you desire. This number doesn't seem to be match the string length but it is consistant so change it and view the results.

I've also adapted the compute_img_size($width, $height, $max) function to manage the size of the intermediate image. As in some cases (example would be the Coppermine demo page), some galleries have intermediate images of different sizes. This function was changed and added to the theme.php to make view all intermediate images at 400px wide. This function is now compute_img_size_max($width, $height) and you can change the view size by editing $max = 400;. If you have intermediate images smaller than 400px wide then this function will increase the image size when viewing which could result in a distorted image. Since the default size in Coppermine is "400", this should not be a problem unless you've decreased it. This setting in the theme.php file does not affect the setting in your Coppermine configuration but only resizes the images in the browser. Here's a link to additional info in the manual - http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#admin_picture_thumbnail.

Another edit I made was remove the thumbnail from the categories list. These category thumbnails are added to the gallery in the Category Manager with no way in the configuration to turn them off so I remove the {CAT_THUMB} from the $template_cat_list variable in the theme.php. Below is how you add it back in if you wish.

Code: [Select]
<td class="catrow" align="left"><table border="0"><tr><td><span class="catlink"><b>{CAT_TITLE}</b></span>{CAT_DESC}</td></tr></table></td>

And replace with:

<td class="catrow" align="left"><table border="0"><tr><td>{CAT_THUMB}</td><td><span class="catlink"><b>{CAT_TITLE}</b></span>{CAT_DESC}</td></tr></table></td>____________________________________________________________

I've tested this theme without issue on FireFox 3.0.1 (Mac & PC), Safari 3.1.2 and IE 7.0.5.X (PC). Sorry I do not have IE 6.X on my PC and will not test this browser version.

Items to note:
1.   If you want to add more sidebars with different icons, check in the image folder as there are lots of other icons to use.
2.   When using Internet Explorer, some of the fill-in boxes in the admin forms run off the main content area. This doesn't hurt anything but does look sort of strange when compared to FireFox. These boxes can be made to fit by editing the various pages (ie. profile.php, etc). By the way, Internet Explorer sucks!

Please enjoy the theme and make all the changes you need to suit your gallery.

Cheers,

Billy

[EDIT] Latest version "cpg1.4.x_theme_i3theme-1-7-classic_v1.1.0"
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 03:31:21 am by Gizmo »
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.
Billy Bullock - BullsEyePhotos Blog of Indecision

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: i3Theme 1.7 Classic (Center Edition) for CPG 1.4.x and WordPress 2.6.x
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 04:09:35 pm »

Nice work Billy. I was using another work of your hand on my own blog. This looks to be my next installment. Thanks.

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 08:25:05 pm »

Very nice work Billy! Installing right now!

Thank for including in the readme file the the details I asked for. In spanish appear those 'bugs' but they are really easy to solve thanks to the notes in the style file you wrote.

Thanks again..

Cheers,
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 08:49:09 am by Joachim Müller »

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 06:48:09 pm »

Joachim, please check the 'download' link. It's pointing to 'I feel dirty' theme.

Cheers,
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 07:58:10 pm »

I hadn't noticed that the title for FAQ had overwritten on the main title so that prompted some additional fixes. My biggest critics (my children) decided to rip me on some aspects of the layout so I went ahead and fixed them too. I edit and uploaded the latest version to my original post.

There are some other color schemes available at MangoOrange  as well as singe sidebar versions. I already have 2 colors finished but didn't want to swamp the gallery demo without asking if these should be uploaded or if I should just provide the edited css files and let users go from there.
Did you read the manual first???? Taking 2 minutes to backup your files can save you hours of wondering what you screwed up.

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 07:41:21 am »

Joachim, please check the 'download' link. It's pointing to 'I feel dirty' theme.

Cheers,

Download link fixed.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 03:18:51 pm »

Thanks for your report.

Download link fixed.
Thanks for fixing the link that I pasted into my posting improperly. However, please make sure in the future not to link to a particular mirror (mesh in your case), but to the page before the mirror selection.

I edit and uploaded the latest version to my original post.
Thanks for the update. I reflected the update on the demo and download page as well and edited my initial posting accordingly.

I already have 2 colors finished but didn't want to swamp the gallery demo without asking if these should be uploaded or if I should just provide the edited css files and let users go from there.
Providing more variants for download and on the demo is fine by me - please go ahead if you want to see them available as well.

Joachim

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 02:56:31 pm »

Billy, would it be possible to move the admin menu options to a left or right menu block? I can try to do so and wreck the code in the process but you can probably do it with your eyes closed.

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2008, 04:58:01 pm »

Here ya go Hein. I toiled over which method to use and choose having it on top. This way there's a bit less scrolling but I do like the look of it on the sidebar. If you want it on the left side, just make the corresponding changes in the theme.php file. I did have to have one eye open though!  ;)

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 06:53:33 am »

Thanks Billy. Having the admin menu on the right in the same kind of menu block as the rest makes this theme look a lot smoother imho. Really awesome!

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 04:21:35 am »

I've attached an updated version (v.1.1.0) of this theme to my initial post. The other versions that I've just upload have exactly the same code with only the CSS styling and colors being different. This will make it easier for me to do any updates if necessary. I've added the cool album admin menu icons that Francois used in his Grey-Style-20 theme and added some opacity styling to let you know you're hovering over them. This theme and the others really lend themselves to having the background image changed to suit your tastes. I really spent a lot of time testing these so I'm confident they are stable. The only issue is that the css styling doesn't validate 100% due to the opacity styling I'm using but this is quite common and harmless.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 08:48:33 am »

Reflected release of v1.1.0 by adding it to the demo and downloads section and updating the link in my previous posting.

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 02:08:21 pm »

Gizmo,

I want to have this theme and it's benefits but i would like to have it aligned left with the boxes all on the right side. I have digged through the code but i can't figure out what to adjust. How can i get it to do that?

Cheers
Hein

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 04:13:40 pm »

Do you mean like the attached image? If so (or not), I have the left and right hand only version done. Sorry I just never published them. I'll try to get them up tonight when I return home but it may be late.

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 04:19:41 pm »

Exactly like the version on the picture yep yep. The right hand version is what i and probably others can put to good use. Or the left for that matter :).
Thanks again for the work Billy.

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2008, 12:57:32 am »

OK... here are the left and right hand sidebar versions!  ;D

PS. got home earlier than I thought!  :D

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 09:24:29 am »

Many thanks Billy ;)

239online

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2008, 07:04:08 am »

Another edit I made was remove the thumbnail from the categories list. These category thumbnails are added to the gallery in the Category Manager with no way in the configuration to turn them off so I remove the {CAT_THUMB} from the $template_cat_list variable in the theme.php. Below is how you add it back in if you wish.

<td class="catrow" align="left"><table border="0"><tr><td><span class="catlink"><b>{CAT_TITLE}</b></span>{CAT_DESC}</td></tr></table></td>

And replace with:

<td class="catrow" align="left"><table border="0"><tr><td>{CAT_THUMB}</td><td><span class="catlink"><b>{CAT_TITLE}</b></span>{CAT_DESC}</td></tr></table></td>____________________________________________________________

I feel a little retarded, but i can;t find this exact line in theme.php - something similar, but not exact.

Gizmo

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • BullsEye Photos
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2008, 12:31:38 pm »

Me neither. I must have edited this section and didn't add it to my revision list. Anyway if you want to add back the category images here are the changes you need to make:

find in theme.php in the $template_cat_list section:
<td class="catrow" align="left"><table><tr><td><h2 class="title">{CAT_TITLE}</h2></td></tr></table></td>
Replace with:
<td class="catrow" align="left"><table><tr><td>{CAT_THUMB}</td><td><h2 class="title">{CAT_TITLE}</h2></td></tr></table></td>
I'll find a way to mark this theme and the others with this change as this is also in the readme.txt file. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.