Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Resizing fullsize picture (Help)  (Read 2559 times)

rossd

• Coppermine newbie
Resizing fullsize picture (Help)
« on: March 28, 2008, 04:20:06 pm »

Ok so you have the thumnail view and when you click on that you get a larger view, when you click on that one you get the full size picture.

Is there a way to resize this full size picture to something smaller, i had a friend do it for me before but never showed me how and i no longer can contact this friend.

can any one help?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Resizing fullsize picture (Help)
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 07:11:01 pm »

There is a config option for that purpose. Set "Max width or height for uploaded pictures/videos (pixels)" to your desired max resolution, then set "Auto resize images that are larger than max width or height" to "yes, everyone".
Better still is to resize the pics on your client before uploading. I've written a tutorial some time ago that describes this - link to tutorials is at the top of this page.

bgrega

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 08:53:23 pm »

I have my settings at:

Max width or height of an intermediate picture/video **      400      
Max size for uploaded files (KB)                                 7000   
Max width or height for uploaded pictures/videos (pixels)        5000    ( I have it set this large for people who don't know how to resize)
Auto resize images that are larger than max width or height    Yes:everyone

When I try to upload a picture that is 2784 × 2208

I get a page cannot be displayed error in IE, and Mozilla just gives a blank white screen.

Bryan

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 08:44:05 am »

Max width or height for uploaded pictures/videos (pixels)        5000    ( I have it set this large for people who don't know how to resize)
Auto resize images that are larger than max width or height    Yes:everyone
Well, that option will resize the pics for your users who don't know how to resize on the client. 5000 is silly. Pick a value that makes sense.

When I try to upload a picture that is 2784 × 2208

I get a page cannot be displayed error in IE, and Mozilla just gives a blank white screen.
You're running into limitations imposed by your webhost - the script times out. Nothing you could do in coppermine's settings to circumvent this. Don't upload such large pics in the first place or get your webhost to increase the server-sided limitations (which they probably won't do on shared hosting for economic reasons). More details (server-sided settings that have an impact on the resizing process) can be found on the sticky thread on this board.

bgrega

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 04:08:07 am »

Thanks for the info.  I'm pretty stupid when it comes to this stuff.  Just trying to do what people are asking for.  I have reset it to a normal sizes now (I guess) 800, 2048, 4096.

Bryan
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.