Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: jpeg problem  (Read 2767 times)

winch

• Coppermine newbie
jpeg problem
« on: September 12, 2008, 01:35:50 pm »

Hello,

I have 7500 photographs (approximately 70 Go) with format JPEG. I placed these photographs in a file in "albums". Coppermine does not succeed in creating thumbnails of these photographs. I must again open them in Photoshop, to again record them with format JPEG. The result is random, I have thumbnails but not for all the photographs.
My problem is to have to transfer and handle all these photographs in Photoshop.

Thank you for your assistance

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: jpeg problem
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 07:30:29 pm »

Not sure what your actual issue is, since you failed to post a link to one of the pics or attach one, but my guess is that they are partly corrupt or not in RBG. To avoid having to process them one by one in Photoshop, try processing them in a batch. Many applications can do that - I even suggest that you not only perform an open/save, but resize them. Take a look at the tutorial "Batch-resizing pics with Irfan View". I haven't mentioned it in the tutorial, but you can instruct IrfanView as well to batch-process a folder with all subfolders and preserve that structure for the target. After having done so, you might want to take a look at the MassImport-plugin: it will make adding your files to coppermine's database a breeze.
If this explanation doesn't cover your questions, do as I initially suggested and post a link to your gallery and a deep link to one of the files you're having issues with when batch-adding.

winch

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 11:14:20 am »

Thank you,

Can you give me optimal specificities of the photographs being able to be integrated: jpeg, jpeg2, png, compression etc.

winch

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 12:39:35 am »

I find a good soft processing in a batch.
Now my problem is different, only the photographs lower than 1 Mo are recognized. All the photographs of 2,3 Mo for example are not recognized. I however have followed the http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,3417.html and I give the process memory limit more than 16MB

What do I have to change in my configuration to avoid this message?
Code: [Select]
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10368 bytes) in /home/terreeco/www/photos/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 262

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 03:15:12 am »

Now my problem is different
So start a new topic. ;)
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 01:10:54 pm »

...after having read the explanation of your error message in the docs: http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#ErrorAllowedMemorySize
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.