Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Closed]: Missing 'Album Category' Drop Down Menu  (Read 4705 times)

msevans

• Coppermine newbie
[Closed]: Missing 'Album Category' Drop Down Menu
« on: September 11, 2008, 05:18:39 am »

I seen the documentation which show a drop down menu for the 'Album Category' which allows you to move an Album from one Category to another. HOWEVER, that being said, I DO NOT have one. It just says the name of the category; no place to change it.

I am a Brand New Coppermine user and I put it in the wrong category and now I can't change it.

I would really appreciate help on how to fix this.

Also, if there is a fix or 'mod' or something, will these things overwrite files that would mess up something already configured like categories, albums, pictures, or themes or config settings???

Thanks!

Looking forward to an answer.

First Time user ???
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 08:51:36 pm by Phill Luckhurst »

gigpacknaxe

• Coppermine newbie
    • JoshuaDotCom
Re: Missing 'Album Category' Drop Down Menu
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 05:14:35 am »

I seen the documentation which show a drop down menu for the 'Album Category' which allows you to move an Album from one Category to another. HOWEVER, that being said, I DO NOT have one. It just says the name of the category; no place to change it.

I am a Brand New Coppermine user and I put it in the wrong category and now I can't change it.

I would really appreciate help on how to fix this.

Also, if there is a fix or 'mod' or something, will these things overwrite files that would mess up something already configured like categories, albums, pictures, or themes or config settings???

Thanks!

Looking forward to an answer.

First Time user ???

Hi,

I have installed Coppermine on Apache2(WinLAMP) running on Server 2003. Everything seems to be functioning fine except my users do not have a drop down menu to select a category in the album manager. Every newly create album defaults to the User Galleries. If I am logged in through the admin profile I do have the drop down menu. I know everyone here recommends searching and reading the forum. I believe that I have exhausted the forums digging and I might just be stupid, but this was the only post I found with someone having a similar issue. I am very reluctant to write this post but I think I have given it my all first.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Joshua

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 07:57:55 am »

Did you allow your visitors to upload to public albums? Did you assign permissions on at least one album, using the album properties dialog? Please review board rules, policies 1, 3, 8 and 10 apply to you.

msevans

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 02:15:14 am »

This is very interesting. You said that 1,3, 8, and 10 apply to us who asked the question about the Album Category. What??

We asked only one question. We searched the forum first unless you have some of proving we didn't and just don't want to take our word for it or you have already memorized every thread and just happen to know it exists better than we, in which case that might make sense since we have not been reading these threads for years like you. We searched, could not find anything so I posted and the other guy found mine only and posted behind me and we only asked ONCE. So what is the BIG Deal buddy!!???

We asked what should be a simple question for you to answer and we followed all the rules. Do I need to ask someone higher up to view this thread and your response to us?

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 03:19:02 am »

Treat with respect will keep inside the forum, other way, you'll be banned. If I don't reply your answer I'm very sure that he is going to ban you because the way you have reply, and I'll be agree with him. Anyways, did you ever bother to read what he linked?

Let's see:

[1] Board rules / Forum policies: Read the Documentation

1. Read the documentation first!
The documentation that comes with coppermine should answer most newbie questions.
It is mandatory to read the documentation before being allowed to post a question in the first place. If your questions shows that you haven't read the docs, you will probably only get a short answer that contains a link to the docs.

[3] Board rules / Forum policies: Search the Board

3. Search the board
The search facility on the forums is probably your best friend when having a problem, there is a good chance that someone else has had the problem you are having and that a solution has been posted before, so to try and get an answer straight away use this tool. If at first you don't seem to find what you are looking for try again with different words.

[8] Board rules / Forum policies: Post Links

8. Post links
When posting a support request, it's helpfull for supporters in most cases to see what the actual page looks like, that's why it's recommended that you always post a link to your coppermine gallery page when asking for support. If your site contains adult content, make sure to post a warning together with your link!
Supporters might get into issues if they accidentally visit a page that interferes with their employer's internet policy. If your site contains adult content (even mild nudity even falls into this category), post the words "not safe for work" next to the link.

[10] Board rules / Forum policies: One Question per Thread

10. One question per thread
We have a strict "One question/issue per thread rule", which helps both supporters/moderators to keep track of open/closed issues as well as users who search the board or browse it, looking for answers to their question. Don't try to "hijack" other's threads by posting unrelated questions to an existing thread.

So, when you finish reading this think if you have the need to be such an asshole. We are here to offer free support, so treat in a good way to supporters and don't bash on them. ok?

We asked what should be a simple question for you to answer and we followed all the rules.
Did you read the manual? Did you search the board? Did you post a link to your gallery? Did you ask just one question?

Do I need to ask someone higher up to view this thread and your response to us?
Sorry, there isn't....  :P
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

msevans

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 04:03:52 am »

Well...I sure didn't expect it to be taken that way...geesh!

I am a integral part of several forums where I am respected and I do my share of posting and replying to posts to help my fellow man and application user. However, all I'm saying is that I've never experienced someone who seemed so frustrated right off the bat because he/she doesn't think that a couple forum users did not read the rules first.

Let me make sure I understand this correctly. If a user posts a question that has never been asked or answered then he read the rules and if it can be found somewhere in the forum then surely he did not. Did I get that right?

I personally want you to know that not only was I entirely sincere and did my best to follow the forum rules I also believe the other guy did. I read what he wrote. He specifically said he searched the forum and could "only find my post". I think that is collaborative evidence, on my behalf, that I posted "only" after I could find nothing on it. Does that make sense?

If sharing my opinion offends you easily and if you are one of the creators of coppermine and wish to ban me for it then so be it. I would not want to use the software nor ask for free help under the conditions of having to allow someone to place blame or criticize me because they personally felt (as if they are God and know the mind and heart of each poster) that some forum users didn't follow the rules. I would rather PAY for software.

persianprince

• Coppermine newbie
    • Free Coppermine Gallery Hosting
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 03:41:28 pm »

So what is the BIG Deal buddy!!???

We asked what should be a simple question for you to answer and we followed all the rules. Do I need to ask someone higher up to view this thread and your response to us?

I don't think there is anyone 'higher up' than the Administrator of the forum.

A link to your gallery would be helpful.

It's always easier to solve a problem by seeing it first hand :)

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 08:50:39 pm »

Actually msevans, I believe Joachim was responding to the person who hijacked your thread (gigpacknaxe) and since then everyone has been getting their knickers in a twist.

Maybe take a step back, close this thread and start a new one with a smile.

As this thread is going nowhere I will lock it.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 09:17:20 am by Phill Luckhurst »
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 10:05:55 am »

Actually msevans, I believe Joachim was responding to the person who hijacked your thread (gigpacknaxe) and since then everyone has been getting their knickers in a twist.
Correct.

Maybe take a step back, close this thread and start a new one with a smile.

As this thread is going nowhere I will lock it.

Excellent advice, thanks Phill. I have been away for a while, so I couldn't respond earlier.

@ thread starter msevans & @ thread "hijacker" gigpacknaxe: start new threads, doing exactly as suggested per board rules (posting links etc.).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.