Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how load and describe one times pictures two different categeories and only  (Read 3075 times)

GH

• Coppermine frequent poster

Hello, the idea is to load picture 1,2,3  under the categorie 1 (f.ex.landscape) one times and to call the same pictures 1,2,3 with others under the name of the autor and / or the exhibition-name ?

Thanky you and regards

GH

McKenzie

• My car gallery
Re: how load and describe one times pictures two different categeories and only
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 06:16:22 pm »

What do you mean? I don't understand your text really. Do you want put one picture into different albums? http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,53437.0.html

You wrote that is easier for you to write in German or French, so you should use the french or german boards (please no double postings in different languages).

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/board,67.0.html (German board)
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/board,38.0.html (French borad)

McKenzie

• My car gallery

McKenzie

• My car gallery
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 06:48:20 pm »

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#album_prop

Choose one special keyword  when you are uploading pictures, for example "5ttt5" (you can use also a keyword which makes sense )

Login into your admin account, go to the album where you want display the pictures from categorie 1. Click on the "PROPERTIES"-button next to album preview thumbnail, enter in the field "Album Keyword" "5ttt5" and than it should work.

GH

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 11:30:44 pm »

Thank You, McKenzie, but that is not what I'm looking for.

My user of the gallery d'ont know the name of the keyword to look for. Maybe he sees one random picture and regarding this he becomes knowledge of the name of the author. Then he look in the categories (or in the listing of a cms part) for the name of this author, and with a clic, all pictures of this author appears.

The exhibitions are published on the site in a way I do not yet know, it is a text. But I can not instruct the user to take the exhibition name and as a user make a search!

For looking for all the pictures of an exhibition, I have to give the oppurtunity to clic easily on a exhibition name ( I thought that this could be another category without loading the data a second time, otherwise sorted) and in the same way must appear all pictures of this authors inside this exhibition. (Can be that there is one exhibition of more than one author, so by the exhibition name I look for all the works of these authors in one named exhibition.)

For the moment, the question remains how I can in the best way organise data on the coppermine database and if possible make the much I can inside it.
From your answer, I suppose the way is the definition by keywords as suggested.

But the user cannot act as the admin, and he would not have the idea to make a search with the exhibition name.

The question is how to acces to all pictures by name of the author AND also by the exhibition-name as an second acces way.
In my idea I thought at something like making other categories labeled with the name of the real exhibition, but I will not put into it a second time all the data needed, that would be double work and space. Instead I would like to to load inside this exhibitionname-categorie a kind of link or other reference - maybe a keyword fixed before - to call up automatically all the pictures belonging to this exhibition which is shown in the manner of an additional category.

But even if I would install - I should at the end -a cms system as drupal, with text content to show listings of the exhibitions and the authors represented too, there is always this question of referencing the same picture data by more than one relation (author AND exhibition) .

I hope it is now a little more clearer what I am looking for?

May be there is no possibility other than keyword referencing. In this case, I need to know if without programming I can in a cms system (maybe minicms) have a link o something which can give to coppermine the "keyword" to look up for the right serie of pictures.

regards
GH

Nibbler

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 12:25:23 am »

All files uploaded by user are accessible via their profile page. The album keywords feature does what you want; it's not about searching. You create an album for exhibition with a certain keyword then tag all files that are from that exhibition with that keyword.

GH

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 01:09:53 am »

Thank you, I must learn more about general functions, but it is only 2 days I know that coppermine exists and I understand now a little bit more - with all of the answers in the support forum  :-* - how it can work.

Regards
GH

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 07:31:39 am »

Then please get familiar with the basics first and ask your questions later, after having had a thorough look at the existing features and after having read the docs.

GH

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 08:39:38 am »

Good advise - even if I said it by myself - but true is, that without experience in this kind of work you can read a lot of well done descriptions without understanding for what that could be useful. And much more difficult is, from the viewpoint of the user, reading about a fonction in the manual and to to realise for what this could be the answer. That's why I say so many thanks to all people answering in that user forum.
But of course, someone with a high knowledge of this may wondering about questions for which he knows that the answer is documented  ::)

GH
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.