Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: photo-shop plugin: processing for shopping cart  (Read 10250 times)

GH

• Coppermine frequent poster
photo-shop plugin: processing for shopping cart
« on: September 09, 2008, 02:58:19 pm »

Hello,

I do not plan selling images to download or on CD, but to sell framed photographes where the shipping costs can only be determind after knowing all of the users location/state for making him an offer of insured shipping depending on the value of the art work.

In fact, instand of: "add item to the cart" I need rather "request for your price offer incl. shipping", and instead of "check-out" à "send"-botton to give me these informations. An automatic answer as confirmation I guess could be done with the templates to modifiy.

After receiving this, all other things would be processed outside of the gallery.

Is there any possibility to modify?

Thank you and regards
GH

efekt

• Coppermine novice
Re: photo-shop plugin: processing for shopping cart
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 07:57:29 pm »

I would suggest simply to modify your language file in the plugin

Code: [Select]
gallery_root/plugins/photo_shop/lang/your_lang.php
just change where it says "add item to the cart" to "request for your price offer incl. shipping" and so on...
turn off paying by wire transfer, paypal and google checkout if you have any enabled...
and modify also in lang file the messages you would like to send upon checking out...

GH

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 12:49:50 am »

ok, thank you, just an extension:

to make disappearing menu items as

last update, top rated, FAQ, or under the image crop and rotate/ delete this file

is there any possibility to disable or to make it disappering in the same way in a file php?

(I did not found something for the underline function as mentioned and for the menu I tried to do it with the plugin final_extract 2.3 , but for most of the themes it does not work well, I posted this under plugin support)

Thank you
regards
GH

GH

photo-shop: modifying shopping cart core elements
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 09:35:08 am »

I come back to my initial question because changing text in the lang file is not enough in my case. From the structure of photo-shop configuration, I need only The ADD button to send the data of the basket content, and to give an offer via mail. That's all. The little frame to choose the TYPE should disappear also,  for reason that I need no types of articels (Photo/CD)at all in the configuration. Also why prices, even 0.00 should not be to seen, the user asking for the complete offer (instead of ordering) knows the price for a Photo from the description content.

How could I do that? Many thanks.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 10:21:26 am »

If you do not need types in the config, then just ignore them... or feel free to edit the code.

The other things you intend to do aren't that clear to me that I'd be able to give you advice. Still it seems you want to change the shops basic structure. That'll need more than just editing css. A good start is having a look at codebase.php

GH

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 06:26:37 pm »

Thank You, Stamm!
I did some modification and that's going in the right sense. But it remains questions:

a) I need to make disappear also the two empty little windows in the joined Hardcopy jpg of
http://localhost/copper/index.php?file=photo_shop/photo_shop_cart&box=cd

For all purposes I join also the modified english.php and the modified codebase.php in case you could look over it

b) I want to erase the pixel information seen when the user looks in his basket

c) if possible not showing the file name to the user (customer), but  it would be fine if he could appear in the ordermanager or directly in the order mail to admin
- because of so much modifications I can identify the item only by the download.zip - .

least but not least: The renamed button "continue shopping" now here "continue exploring art" does no more work, for a short moment appears another window and then it comes back.

Please help me, thank you
GH

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 06:58:50 pm »

In photo_shop_cart.php you can edit/ delete the basket dropdown (print -cd). Here you also can remove the filename if you wish.
I do not know what you mean with pixel information as the width/ height won't get displayed in the (unmodified) basket.

If the continue shopping button doesn't work for you anymore after modifying it... then probably it's a good idea to restore it.

To your question a) ... I have no clue at all cause of course I can't access your local computer (localhost)

GH

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 06:32:49 am »

Hello and many thanks!

For the  "continue shopping"-problem, even if I restore codebase und english.php, it comes now with 'too many items on CD', remember that in the config menu I have no mory any TYPE, that may be the reason? I have not tried to edit a special TYPE for me, because with this comes also a price and I have not, and 0.00 is not nice to see.

That is exactly displayed:

Title: 
Filename: Bochum_Lohring_DSC1883.jpg
Size: 971 x 650

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You have added to many images to your CD. Please remove at least 1 item(s)!   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have to many pics on the CD, please remove some!

Here is also to see the pixel size I want not to show.

I'll try to make the installation on remote host and come back with this after. 

GH

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 12:15:52 pm »

I installed the remote coppermine:
http://www.hoffmann07.fr/copper/index.php?file=photo_shop/photo_shop_cart

The Question was here how to make disappear the two little  windows, please, in my adapted version, not here, the windows is empty:

1) with content to choose  "Items to print" or "Items on CD"
2) "GO" Button   >> I do not need this in the adapted version.
3) the picture size is not needed to

Thank You very much to make me  these  indications how to do.

GH

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 12:51:26 pm »

concern: error message "You have added to many images to your CD. Please remove at least 1 item(s)!   "

On my localhost installation, I re-installed the version with the Standard TYPES. After this, the error disappeard! (And there is one more button on the bottom: "Save new amounts")

My question: Would there be a turnaround or must I have absolutely at least one time this TYPE "CD", and if this is true, is there a way not to show the price-field, because for a customer a price I have if not to set on 0.00 wouldn't be comprehensible.

Many thanks and sorry for so many questions, it is not easy to feel without knowing coding how to do and where there is the barreer not to go out.

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 01:40:33 pm »

In the shops config just set 'Photo' as type for your items... ignore 'CD' and you're done. If you do not want the 'For print - CD' selector to appeare in the basket, then you need to edit photo_shop_cart.php as mentioned above. Nothing more, nothing less. However it's not a biggie to show it... imho (same for the 'Go' button)

<select name="box" style="width: 200px;" onchange="this.form.submit();">
<option value="photo" {$selected_photo}>{$lang_photoshop['boxphoto']} </option>
<option value="cd" {$selected_cd}>{$lang_photoshop['boxcd']} </option>

</select><!-- go button -->
<input type="submit" class="button" value="$lang_photoshop[go]"  />
(should be enough to delete that part)

In the same file the table setup for the basket is done as well... search through the file and you'll find where it displays the size... edit that part to your needs
<tr><td>{$lang_photoshop['size']}</td><td>{$row['pwidth']} x {$row['pheight']}</td></tr>

see, this is all plain html... if you want to mod code, then that should be no hieroglyphics to you.

GH

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2008, 06:25:08 pm »

Thank you very much, Stamm, with your help I could do what I was searching for. Even when reading "hieroglyphics" is a similiar issue  to those from Egypte, but less difficult.
Everything is working now, for s.o. who is interrested to see the test-version running:

http://galerie-schistes.tk

by-by
GH

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2008, 07:34:21 am »

I can only see a parse error one your site, so you probably have overmodded a file.

GH

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 10:52:52 am »

Thank you, Joachim Müller, too!
The parse error ( I corrected one before on a form sheet), but can you please indicate me a little more, where?

For the reste, I'm very satisfied of the result of coppermine in a few day with your help.

GH

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2008, 08:24:50 am »

OK, here you go (not sure though why you don't try that for yourself):
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ')' in /www/schistes/plugins/photo_shop/lang/german.php on line 132

GH

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 10:25:02 am »

That's true and funny. I didn't test in my mother tongue. I'm so much inside some modifiactions of color-style theme instead of cos....
Sorry
GH
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 19 queries.