Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: coppermine as a art gallery website with shopping cart not for photo download  (Read 2402 times)

GH

• Coppermine frequent poster

Hello, I speak german, french and english ( unfortunately in this range english has the lowest level, so d'ont hesitate to answer me eventually in german or french when it should be comfortabel for you).

I just found out that coppermine is exisiting and of course have read general discription before posting this, I read also something about photo-shop plugin, which was mostly mentioned in a context of downloading pictures with paypal payment.

But my question is much more general :

Is commermine probably the right tool to build up a website to represent mostly photographic works exposed in a real gallery of art ?

The user needs acces by the author and/or the exhibition name to the exposed works, to explore them on the site, to have informations of the author, his biography, his expositions and also informations on the work as edition, price, print informations as paper used, ink  .....  and maybe to put it in a "shopping cart", but not so much automation as for a supermarket of download pictures is the request. A simple button to action may be enough to generate an e-mail or a non binding order to me, with the delivery country adress and asking me for a complete offer including shipping and may be other individual informations is what I'm looking for to realize.

If some informations I mentioned above could not be stored inside of coppermine, it would be much more difficult to me to put them into an CMS-System like joomla, guppy ..... AND to make the link to the commermine system to show the related photographe with his  price ......because I'm not able to program php or even to write good html, but I can modifiy some lines of code if there are instruction for this, of course.

Many thanks for your appreciation.
Regards
GH

McKenzie

• My car gallery

Coppermine is very good, better than other Scripts. You have many plugins for Coppermine so you can modify a lot. An overview of all plugins can you find here: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/board,66.0.html . You can also modify the user pages and add there fields for biography and so on (I think biography is standard there?!?). You can easily install scripts via plugin manager. Moreover you can make a lot of settings in the admin config menu.

Ich denke, dass Coppermine ist ein sehr gutes Script ist. Es ist besser als die von mir geteste Konkurrenz. Durch die vielen Plugins sind sehr viele Änderungen/Umgestaltungen möglich. Es gibt auch ein Plugin um Bilder zu verkaufen ( http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,32231.0.html ). Du kannst im Adminmenü viele Einstellungen vornehmen, auch für die Uploader/Urheberseiten (Biografie, etc.) und auch benutzerdefinierte Felder, die unter den Bildern angezeigt werden, können bequem eingestellt werden. Schau dir die Plugins auf http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/board,66.0.html an. Du kannst diese einfach durch den Plugin Mangaer installieren.

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/

@GH: All that you mentioned it's possible with Coppermine.

@McKenzie: Only english support in this forum please.
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

GH

Thank You, McKenzie and fabri,  to give me the answer that it should be possible to do so. And sorry for other people, that I invited Mc. Kenzie to use also other languages. (Most of the content was identically in both languages, and fabri: of course, I understand.)

Even if I don't know yet  how to realise this, I think I'll find it out and if not I can re-ask here (only in english  :D) It is very surprising for me, that coppermine should be able to do all this and certainly, I believe it and will find out how to achieve this in the next time.

Thanks and bye
GH

McKenzie

• My car gallery
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.