Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Theme Design "power_"  (Read 13626 times)

catch22

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
New Theme Design "power_"
« on: September 14, 2004, 09:49:20 am »

Not sure the process for giving back.....so I'll post it in general discussion, hoping not to offend the "where you post it" police. I have designed a new theme (my first effort)

Theme can be seen:

http://photo.oregonianad.com

and downloaded at:

http://pos.net/pos_blue.zip

Enjoy. Will be adapting it to more colors before moving on to another design. Post here if you have any problems.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2004, 08:14:53 am by GauGau »

catch22

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
Re: New Theme Design
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2004, 11:54:40 am »

And another in brown theme (use changer to view):

http://photo.oregonianad.com

Download:

http://pos.net/pos_brown.zip

catch22

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
And Green
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2004, 12:45:52 pm »

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 01:30:44 pm »

;)  Nice, moved to the correct board as requested.  New themes go on new threads in this board, but as you cannot create new threads here, what you did is correct.

Please post variations on the same theme on the same thread.
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

catch22

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
And Red...Now sleep
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 01:46:40 pm »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2004, 05:20:01 pm »

Please give your themes a nice name, so they can easily be found on the demo page, download section and this thread. If you don't care, I'll label them "Catch_Pos_Green", "Catch_Pos_Red" etc.

Joachim

catch22

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2004, 06:45:25 pm »

If you could prefix them with power_ , it would fit my companies longstanding naming scheme. ie...power_red01 or some such. Numeric will help as I plan many more....this is fun.

Thanks.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: New Theme Design "power_"
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2004, 08:48:24 am »

OK, I named them as you requested, and also renamed the thread. I had to correct the path names within template.html as well in all themes. There's a slight bug in all of your themes as well, as they contain reference to a theme "default" that shouldn't be there. Edit theme.php, find
Code: [Select]
<td valign="top" background='themes/default/images/tile.gif' align="center" height='30'>&nbsp;</td>(two times) and replace with
Code: [Select]
<td valign="top" background='themes/power_red01/images/tile.gif' align="center" height='30'>&nbsp;</td> or whatever the folder is being labelled. If you don't apply this fix, the theme's filmstrip won't display properly. I applied this fix to all of your themes and re-packaged them, with a folder name inside the zip file. It's important that users who download the theme understand that they mustn't rename the folder, or reference to all graphics within the folder will break.

There are however some issues you might want to look into for the future (some other just a matter of taste, others are "real" open issues):
  • The text "main menu" is hard coded, so it won't work for users who don't use english. I recommend adding the psd file to your package as well as the font used (if it's free)
  • The heading graphics contain hard-coded text as well. Same thing applies: little use for others unless you provide the psd
  • The {GAL_NAME} is valigned at the very top of the table cell - making it stick to the border apparently. I recommend valigning it in the middle.
  • The flag-language-selector looks crappy if you have a lot of languages (like we have on our demo). I recommend giving it a full table row of it's own.
  • The admin menu is barely readible, using Mozilla/Firefox on W2K. I guess this won't be any fun for Mac users.
GauGau

catch22

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2004, 11:53:36 am »

Will do...when I can get back to it. Points noted.

catch22

• Contributor
  • Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2004, 06:27:51 pm »

I made the requested changes and enhanced the readme.txt file. Added the psd's but flattened them and left out text/fonts, as they were not free, and inclusion made the file size too large for my liking. If anyone wants to add texts, they can choose from their collection, as they are the only 2 matching decorative fonts on the theme. In other words...any font will work.

As stated in the readme...with a few minutes effort, the text is actually interchangeable (header text) between the four colors.

A little unclear on the admin menu comment. Assuming that it was font size you were talking about, I upped it a bit. Also set the zip files so they unzip properly, but did not add your requisite prefix to the zip file itself.

Download Blue
Download Red
Download Brown
Download Green

If you could update these themes, I'd like to see your demo site, as I don't have nearly enough pictures to hydro test it.

Thanks for the help and comments. Overall not a bad virgin effort?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.