Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: blank page when uploading file  (Read 7906 times)

CATO_Rockets

• Coppermine newbie
Re: blank page when uploading file
« on: September 06, 2008, 11:31:45 pm »

I have been experiencing the same problem for quite some time. Uploads work fine for some, sporadically for others, and not at all for the rest.

http://catorockets.org/album/

User:coppermine_support
pwd:coppermine027!

I think I'm on 1.4.10 and have included the Captcha add-on documented here - however this problem existed long before I implemented Captcha v3.0. Support at my web host stinks on ice and the install tools they provide state that It's noyt upgradeable - however I do have FTP access and am willing to have at it. I was just hoping someone here might have a few other suggestions first.

I've attached a photo of the page where applications are initially managed at my webhost (this is a compiled picture to provide only the pertinent parts)

My file upload settings are for the user to request the number of boxes they need.

CATO_Rockets

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 11:37:48 pm »

Hack to above - as in the documentation I set the uploads to fixed 1 line at a time.

Still getting the blank screen if indifference....

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 12:35:09 am »

Firstly, create your own thread rather than hijacking others as your problems are different. I have split your post accordingly.

Next, you are using a very outdated version of coppermine and worse still a host installed version. Before this can be taken any further you need to upgrade to the latest release of coppermine using the upgrade path detailed in the documentation on this site. There are many reasons not to use a host based installer all of which have been detailed on here before. You also need to upgrade due to some security problems that have arisen and been fixed. Not to do so is just insane as you could get hacked and loose all your hard work.

So get on and upgrade now using the docs below.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#14

You may find that as your host has installed the files that they are "owned"(in the software sense) by the host and you do not have full control of the files. In which case, download your include/config.inc.php file, your anycontent.php file and your "albums" directory then delete all the coppermine files and re upload the above before continuing the upgrade path. This will give you the ownership.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 12:41:14 am by phill104 »
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

CATO_Rockets

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 02:00:15 am »

Sorry 'bout the hijack I thought the problem was close enough to merit the same thread.

I was hoping to avoid an upgrade and  from what you say it looks like that's not an option. I downloaded 1.4.19 and will see to the install.

Let's see if I launch an ICBM strike or update my gallery. Knowing me, either is a good possibility.

One thing, will I need to reinstall Captcha?

Thanks

CATO_Rockets

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 03:43:02 am »

OK, I upgraded to 1.4.19 (results attached) and the earth is still in orbit so I guess it worked. I just retested and have the same problem where when I upload a file I get to the confirmation screen (attached) and if I hit continue, I get a white screen of death...

Any ideas?

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 10:03:21 am »

Well done on upgrading. It really is easy and it is a shame people shy away from doing so.

To assist with diagnosing your problem you will need to follow the steps detailed here.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_trouble

Once you have those settings in place there are more error messages that can be seen which will give you and us a greater understanding of what is going on.

CATO_Rockets

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 05:58:42 pm »

Ok that's weird

I made the changes

1) Set Debug:on for everyone
2) Set HTTP upload boxes to 1
3) Set URL Upload boxes to 0
4) Set number of upload boxes to fixed

When I open a page I can see the debug info.

Tried to do an upload again I submit the file and instead of getting the successful upload - continue page, I go right to the blank screen of death.  This is http://catorockets.org/album/db_input.php

I verified I am not using too large of a file, and that the file is not corrupt.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 07:22:46 am »

Uploading works as expected, see http://catorockets.org/album/displayimage.php?pos=-157
If you get a blank page, the script probably times out because it's to big in tgerms of file size and/or dimensions. Resize before uploading or get your host to change the server sided settings that have an impact (see sticky thread on this board for details).
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 08:20:27 am by Joachim Müller »

CATO_Rockets

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 01:55:31 pm »

I believe the thread you are referring to is:

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,5841.0.html

Am I correct in the understanding that the most likely PHP settings that need to be adjusted is

max_input_time or upload_max_filesize

There does not appear to be a user control panel for this on my host, so I need to ask the provider support team to make the changes. Are there recommended settings that you long term users have found to be ideal in the greatest number of situations?

I did try uploading smaller (21KB) JPG file and it does seem to to fit your timeout explanation. The thing is we do a lot of Hi-Res photos for the subject (which can be moving very fast) and would like to be able to post 500K images.

Phil/Joachim - thanks for your assistance.

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 07:48:40 pm »

There will be no setting in your control panel for this. You could try a custom php.ini file (google how to do this) before speaking to your host. They are unlikely to do it if you are on a shared server and may want you to upgrade your package.

If it is just you uploading then upload via ftp and use the batch add tool. This doesn't help if others need upload access.

Another option would be to work out the maximum size the server accepts and resize pics before uploading to that size. There is a great plugin called Jupload that does the resizing for you so gets round a lot of the server limitations as much of the work is done your end reducing load on the servers processor.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.