Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Server load.  (Read 2917 times)

brandon0007

• Coppermine newbie
Server load.
« on: September 05, 2008, 09:37:33 am »

I had Coppermine downloaded on my server, but it seemed to slow down my forums, which I'm using Phpbb3. Once I deleted Coppermine off of my server, then my forums sped up. I was wondering if this is typical or if their some way around this. I love Coppermine and it worked great I would love to have it again.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Server load.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 10:06:14 am »

As all apps, coppermine eats up resources. If your server is nearing the resources limit, adding another application that consumes additional resources may of course slow down the overall performance. Imagine a car: if you have very little horse powers, another passenger will have an impact on the acceleration. If your car is powerfull enough, you won't notice a difference in acceleration no matter wether you're alone in your car or wether you have passengers on board.
Coppermine in itself won't slow down other applications specifically, except if you bridge it - as it will then use your bridged application for user authentification and therefor query the database of your bridging app. As suggested above: you'll only notice a performance impact if your server is already slow and near it's capacity in the first place.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.