Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch Add Takes Much Time (need solution ?)  (Read 2303 times)

WebGhost

• Coppermine newbie
Batch Add Takes Much Time (need solution ?)
« on: September 04, 2008, 12:53:56 am »

I tried to find some relevant topics but couldn't find any. I have many images in my gallery and it seems to take an unusually long time to batch add files every time when I have upload new files. It seems to take around 5-10 min for it to finally go through to the new uploaded files.

Are there any settings or different methods I can try that every album folder just show new upload files in batch add not all files?

thanks so much!

My Gallery link is: www.smilepk.com/wallpapers

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Batch Add Takes Much Time (need solution ?)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 07:20:17 am »

You're running cpg1.4.8, while the most recent stable release currently is cpg1.4.19, so you're running 11 versions behind. Upgrade as suggested in the docs.
For the speed of batch-adding: you appear to be hosted at a cheap webhost, so you have little amount of resources available. Therefor, slowness is to be expected. Get better webhosting if you can't live with the speed. Another alternative is to resize your pics on the client before FTP-uploading them, so your server doesn't have to do all the resizing calculation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.