Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved]: Users cannot gain access to my gallery site due to HTTP Error 401.3  (Read 5136 times)

JackDeth

• Coppermine newbie

My gallery used to work fine. Just upgraded to the latest version. Users cannot even get to my site. They get the following error:

You are not authorized to view this page
You do not have permission to view this directory or page due to the access control list (ACL) that is configured for this resource on the Web server.

Please try the following:

* Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.
    * Click the Refresh button to try again with different credentials.

HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on the requested resource.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

I have followed the instructions in the manual for making sure IIS is setup with correct permissions. I've tried giving full control to both IUSR and Everyone but neither works. When you visit the site you get prompted for a username and password. The username and password happen to be the administrator's username and password for the server itself. Of course, we don't want to be sharing that, now do we?   ;)

I checked the IIS Directory Security Settings. The option to allow anonymous access is enabled and it's using the IUSR account for anonymous access. I'm not sure what else to do at this point. It shouldn't be prompting folks with a popup box asking for username and password. Any clues?

The site is located at http://gallery.winnebagogop.org/index.php.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 01:51:53 am by Nibbler »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Users cannot gain access to my gallery site due to HTTP Error 401.3
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 06:29:29 am »

Your issue is not related to coppermine, but to webserver setup. We can't help you with that. Ask your webhost for support. If you're self-hosted, you at least know at least the person to turn to for support then ;)

JackDeth

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Users cannot gain access to my gallery site due to HTTP Error 401.3
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 01:36:20 am »

Just in case someone else has this same issue with their Windows server, all I had to do was delete and re-create the IIS profile for the virtual directory.

Example: Your website is www.mysite.com. You have a sub-folder with an application for which you create a virtual directory profile called myapplication.mysite.com. Leaving the main website profile as is, all you have to do is delete (or at least rename) the virtual directory profile and then re-create it.

TRS
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.