Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Last comments on my photos" view  (Read 3119 times)

mahdi1234

• Coppermine regular visitor
"Last comments on my photos" view
« on: August 31, 2008, 08:09:47 pm »

Hi,

Similar to "Last uploaded file" and "Last comment", I'd like to add into user profile also option for "Last comments on my photos".

Would you have suggestion how to achieve this?

thanks,
mahdi

mahdi1234

Re: "Last comments on my photos" view
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 12:10:42 pm »

Hi,

could someone start me on this? If I understand correctly I would need to edit profile.php.

What's the right method to add new query there? Also I'm not familiar with SQL at all and would appreciate any pointers in this.

thanks a lot

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 07:35:14 pm »

It's possible if you code it. If nobody answered, nobody knows the solution out of the back of his head. You can't expect others to do your work, as it would require quite some effort to accomplish what you're asking for.

mahdi1234

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 07:50:24 pm »

It's possible if you code it. If nobody answered, nobody knows the solution out of the back of his head. You can't expect others to do your work, as it would require quite some effort to accomplish what you're asking for.

Sure I understand; what I'm more asking is if someone familiar with current profile page could point me into logic where to start, I'm clueless in this.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 12:57:23 pm »

The profile page is not the important place to look at, as you only need to add a link to it - that's trivial. The tricky thing isn't even the necessary edit of index.php, where you need to set up a new type of meta album to the case selector. The really complicated stuff is creating the corresponding function in include/functions.inc.php, where the actual logic of the whole thing needs to reside, with a proper sql query that needs to return the proper data. Coming up with that is not trivial, as it needs to take into account the permissions as well as the actual location within the category/album structure. That's rather complicated.
This being said: I mentioned above the three files that need editing. However, if you haven't been able to figure this out on your own, you probably don't have the needed skills to come up with a solution for your issue.
As I said above, I'm not going to code this for you, so basically you're on your own unless someone else is going to come up with a solution. You might as well consider hiring a coder if you don't have the needed skills.

mahdi1234

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 06:37:03 pm »

Thanks for returning to this thread and resolving it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.