Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have trouble with Thumbnails  (Read 4704 times)

missparis

• Coppermine novice
I have trouble with Thumbnails
« on: August 30, 2008, 03:25:05 pm »

Hello,

I have resized all my thumbnails in 100x100 and then I re-created them by the admin tools but the head of the thumbnails is cut so now they look like this http://melindaclarkefrance.net/images/Gallery.jpg

How can I proceed to see everything ? I have made some research but don't found the answer.

Here are my settings (in french) : http://melindaclarkefrance.net/images/settings.jpg

Nibbler

Re: I have trouble with Thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 03:33:40 pm »

How do you expect to get square thumbnails without the images getting cut?

missparis

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 04:05:30 pm »

I know that I'm surely asking too much but I was just wondering if this option was possible.

Stramm

• Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 05:35:49 pm »

for that purpose use the function to manually crop the thumbs

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,28367.msg131255.html#msg131255
Manually crop thumbs / replace thumbs for images and media
1. Either next to an album click 'edit files' or below the intermediate image click 'edit file information'. Now you'll find above the thumb a link 'change thumb'. That's not really new for modpack users but read on.
2. Click the change thumb link and find the 'changeThumb.php' interface. Now you not only can create new thumbs for media files but also for images. You can upload new images or (if the original is an image) create the thumb from the image again. Also you can decide if you want to let the system automatically create thumbs or do that manually to find the best part of the image.
3. If you decide to upload a new image to create a thumb from that you have the possibility to check the checkbox 'Manually crop after upload'. If you do that, manually cropping is enabled, if not, the system auto crops the image (of course that's faster). If you manually crop, the image loads and a box appeares that indicates the area that will be cropped. This area has a min size of your thumb dimensions and will keep the aspect. So far I've tested with the modpacks 'exact size' thumbs and did some quick'n dirty tests with 'width' and 'height'. When you've found the part of the image you want to use as thumb click the 'save' button. Done... you just created a new custom thumb for your picture or media file.
4. a) Either upload a image to use as base for cropping
      aa) manually crop (checkbox 'Manually crop after upload')
      bb) auto crop (don't check 'Manually crop after upload')
    b)
       aa) click (if the orig is an image) 'Use the original image as base to crop the thumb' and you can manually crop the thumb from the original image
     c) check the checkbox 'Remove current thumb' and click the button 'Remove current thumb' to delete the custom thumb. If it's a media file, then the media icon will display, if it's an image... then no thumb will display anymore.
more info/ screenshots: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=47538.msg227090#msg227090

missparis

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 06:17:23 pm »

I have tried that way with a thumbnail and it working great.

Thank you so much.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.