Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: batch adding  (Read 9674 times)

little.muffet

• Coppermine newbie
batch adding
« on: August 29, 2008, 04:10:29 pm »

I know there've already been quite a lot of issues on this  ::) (for which I am sorry, and I have read quite a few to see if I understand the advice and can resolve the issue by myself).

So yes batch adding doesn't like me right now. I keep trying to add lots of files (usually about 100ish) into albums in a subdirectory. It's neve been a problem before ~ I've added 100ish images all along and not once has it redirected me to the main select a directory page...until now. All the CHMODs are set to 777 I make sure that non of my directories contain illegal symbols. I even removed this feature temporarily to see if it helped. But nothing.

It's not completely broken...it will let me batch at about 10 at a time. But I have 100 in each album, and another 20 of these albums to add...so I really don't want to be wasting my away slowly selecting and deselecting 10 files every 3 minutes.

In other posts people have advised to edit the php.ini ....where can I find this? :S I also looked into the phpinfo.php file for suhosin but that's not the problem. I did try to look into editing the time limits...but I don't know if I did it correctly/if that's the problem because it's never happened before with the same time limit.

http://disneylove.net/coppermine/index.php

In another post they reccommend that you make a tester user account~
u: test_user
p: testing123

Thank you in advance

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: batch adding
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 04:21:43 pm »

<!--Coppermine Photo Gallery 1.4.16 (stable)-->

Start upgrading a.s.ap. 1.4.19 is the latest stable version.

little.muffet

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 05:07:57 pm »

I've upgraded now...but the batch add still isn't working  ???

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 09:10:05 pm »

Do exactly as suggested in the docs, section "asking for support on upload issues" (number of http upload fields, number of URI upload fields!). Additionally, post a deep link to one of the files you're having issues with batch-adding. Correct your config settings as well: setting to "100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,009 kB" (100 Billion Billion Billion Terrabytes) is just silly. Set it to something that actually makes sense.

little.muffet

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 10:38:11 pm »

Do exactly as suggested in the docs, section "asking for support on upload issues" (number of http upload fields, number of URI upload fields!).
You mean this? http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#upload_support
Whoops I missed the bit above about troubleshooting, so I've edited the groups settings for fields. Should I post the debug info that appears now?

Additionally, post a deep link to one of the files you're having issues with batch-adding.
http://disneylove.net/coppermine/albums/images/screencaps/LionKing/06%20Elephant%20Graveyard/Lion_King_00398.jpg

Correct your config settings as well: setting to "100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,009 kB" (100 Billion Billion Billion Terrabytes) is just silly. Set it to something that actually makes sense.
Oops yeah, I put it like that because coppermine was restricting me adding a very large file and I forgot to change it back.

Thanks for the reply :) (sorry if I'm being a pain and s-l-o-w)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 08:29:13 pm »

Regular http uploads work as expected

Should I post the debug info that appears now?
No. From the docs section that you just read:
Do not post debug_output unless requested.
http://disneylove.net/coppermine/albums/images/screencaps/LionKing/06%20Elephant%20Graveyard/Lion_King_00398.jpg
Don't use spaces or other special chars in folder or file names. Avoid capitalization.

little.muffet

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 04:26:02 am »

Don't use spaces or other special chars in folder or file names. Avoid capitalization.
But I've got like 50 other albums, with images all of which stem from folders with spaces and capitalization. I never had any problem with those folders, I don't think it's that which is causing the problem.

[checks]

Okay, I've just added and renamed the folder(s), and renamed the images to lowercase without spaces or underscores and alike. And it still takes me back to the 'Select a folder' page. So...do you have any other idea what could be the cause?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 10:10:59 am »

Did your webhost recently introduce Suhosin? Check your phpinfo page for that term.

little.muffet

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 03:00:41 pm »

I also looked into the phpinfo.php file for suhosin but that's not the problem.
I just double checked this and there was nothing found for "Suhosin"  ???

(Thanks again for the suggestion though)
Do you have any other ideas as to what it could be?

little.muffet

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 06:54:57 pm »

[bump] sorry, I'd really like to be able to add my images properly again.

Nibbler

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 07:00:06 pm »

Can you PM me an admin account?

Nibbler

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 05:14:40 pm »

Looks like your host disabled the phpinfo function, so you can't see if suhosin is installed or not. You need to talk to your host.

little.muffet

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 08:50:37 pm »

I'll contact him asap, thank you so much :D

Jonno

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 11:52:58 pm »

Hi, I host her.

I'll talk to my server administrator but it's possible I have it installed, or some other kind of safeguard.  I have various things disabled so that I have maximum security on my server. 

I'll be honest, I don't know what "batching" is.  If I do have Suhosin installed or another safeguard in place that prevents this batch process, what kinds of alternatives can be implemented?  If she can upload a php.ini file and turn something on, I'm all for it.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2008, 07:15:51 am »

Turn phpinfo back on. There is a difference between security-sensitive setup and paranoia. Disabling phpinfo falls into the second category. You should not change webserver setup if you have no idea what you're doing.

Jonno

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 02:42:46 am »

Turn phpinfo back on. There is a difference between security-sensitive setup and paranoia. Disabling phpinfo falls into the second category. You should not change webserver setup if you have no idea what you're doing.

How about you put two and two together when I mention "server admin".  A server administrator that is very reputable I might add. And I haven't changed anything.  But I decided to look myself in WHM and I do have suhosin installed. So feel free to tell me how to go from here.  I won't be disabling suhosin though.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 09:38:46 am »

Installing suhosin falls into the category "tasks that only an experienced server admin should perform". I can't and won't teach you how to set up or maintain a webserver, because that's what you did when installing suhosin without having a clue. If you want to figure out how to properly configure suhosin to make it work with coppermine, search this board for previous discussions about it. A good keyword for your search would be "suhosin" (surprisingly). I'm reluctant to support "regular" users when it comes to webserver setup issues, but I have very little tolerance for people who do stuff that they should not have done in the first place because they don't understand the impact and then come here asking for support (or rather: to be spoon-fed). Read up what suhosin does and why some consider this to be a security aspect. Then decide if you really want that level of extra security, sacrificing ease of use a bit.

Jonno

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 05:53:24 pm »

why are you being such an asshole? I've already said twice I AM NOT the server admin of my server.  I pay someone to maintain mine.

I havent brought this issue up with my server admin yet, because I figured that you as a support provider, would give me some key details of what should be done.  But you're being a jerk.  You really do not come off as having a friendly attitude and I'd really like to know who is over you so I can file a complaint.  You're not doing very well to give your company a reputable name.  I'm certainly not asking to be "spoon fed" but I'm certainly sure it's not your job to be bitchy.

Nibbler

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008, 06:12:39 pm »

You need to raise the max number of post and request vars that suhosin will allow. The code for this has already been posted, so search the board if you need it.

We do not have people 'over' us that you can write and complain to. This is a community driven open source project; not a company.

Jonno

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 06:27:33 pm »

You need to raise the max number of post and request vars that suhosin will allow. The code for this has already been posted, so search the board if you need it.

We do not have people 'over' us that you can write and complain to. This is a community driven open source project; not a company.

Okay sweet I will forward this over to my server admin.

I see.  Well it's certainly way more time consuming to bash then to be helpful.  I've never used coppermine in my entire life, and I've been in the website making business since about 2000. I've used 4images in the past, but it was for a school project. And that was about 3 years ago.  I don't have time myself to learn how to administrate a server.  It's not that I don't have an interest in it, but I'm in my 3rd year of university. So I'm at the busiest point in my college career right now.  :-[
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 20 queries.