Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: batch import don't work - what can I do?  (Read 2866 times)

marko_D

• Coppermine newbie
    • Genealogie der Familien ...
batch import don't work - what can I do?
« on: August 28, 2008, 02:10:31 pm »

Hello, I know - a stereotype question...sorry.

My Problem is the same as described often - cannot add file to my album because fall back to the navigator.
The batch worked well only one time for one subdirectory: /cop_gal/albums/diverse (8 Files)
I don't work on other subdirs with lots of file. I tried to reduced the number of file to import by deactivation of files to import (5 files) - no solution.

My doings:
FIRST AND FOREMOST: CHECK YOUR PERMISSIONS ON THE /ALBUMS, /ALBUMS/USERPICS, AND /ALBUMS/EDIT DIRECTORIES.  ALL SHOULD BE 777 OR 755.   
I did it: CHMOD 755 and CHMOD 777 and I checked it again.

Things to check:

1. max_input_time- 60 seconds is the default time limit for uploading files.

This time limit includes the time it takes for the files to upload, so if you exceed this limit, the file will not even parse, and the browser will not get a response. You can workaround this by trying to upload smaller or fewer files, or you can try uploading over broadband. The best solution, of course, is to increase the time limit to something more in line with your needs.

2. upload_max_filesize - 2MB is the default limit for individual files.

3. post_max_size - 8MB is the default limit for post requests.

4. memory_limit - 8MB is the default size.

5. PHP's LimitRequestBody - 512KB default limit. (mainly an issue on Redhat/Apache systems.  Found in /etc/http/conf.d)

In general, upload_max_filesize < post_max_size < memory_limit in order for uploads to function properly. Coppermine may warn you if a file exceeds upload_max_filesize, but it cannot warn you if the total size of all the files exceeds the post limit or the memory limit.

6. file_uploads - This determines whether or not PHP will allow file uploads. It must be set to 'On'.

7. upload_tmp_dir - This specifies the temporary directory where PHP stores uploaded files.

The most common issue caused by this setting is an open_basedir warning.  In this situation, your server administrator has restricted the files that PHP can work with to a certain directory.  If he does not create and specify a temporary directory within the open_basedir restriction, PHP will attempt to use the OS temporary directory, and it will be rebuffed by the open_basedir restriction.

8. allow_fopen_url - This controls PHP's ability to read files using URL/URIs.  If it is disabled, Coppermine will not be able to upload from URLs.

1. max_input_time- 90
2. upload_max_filesize - 10
3. post_max_size - 12 MB
4. memory_limit - 64MB
5. PHP's LimitRequestBody - unknown
6. file_uploads-on
7. upload_tmp_dir=/tmp

My System (providet/hostes):
PHP-Version:  5.2.6 
Webserver:  Apache/2.2
Coppermine Theme: classic

Gallery:  http://www.myancestry.de/cop_gal/
Test-User: test-user
password: test-user

I hope I didn't pass any hint in some posts before. I hope also you are not nerved about this stupid question.
If so, don't answer and ignore my post.

Best regards, Marko

Nibbler

Re: batch import don't work - what can I do?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 02:53:12 pm »

Try reducing the number of files in the directory (this is not the same as only selecting a small number of files).

marko_D

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 04:07:48 pm »

thany you for the hint.

result:
- the 1st part of 60 Files works
- the 2nd part of 60 files don't work.

method:
1. I moved the 2nd Part-Files in an BAK-subdir outside the album path... the 1st part coudlt imported
2. After importing the 1st part I moved back the 2nd part

How can i add the 2nd part to the same album?

best regards, Marko

marko_D

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 04:44:33 pm »

Solution:
I stored the files (60) in seperated folders on the same level - not in subdirs.
Not very elegant but it works.

Best thank, Marko

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 04:54:35 pm »

CPGMassimport might be the plugin which you can put to good use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.