Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Making Images a different size  (Read 3540 times)

BigRed2009

• Coppermine newbie
Making Images a different size
« on: August 24, 2008, 02:53:05 am »

Ok, so i have a sample page here http://www.hogwartsmagic.net/myalbum/displayimage.php?album=11&pos=92.

When  you click on the picture, it brings up a bigger view of the picture, and that view is like HUGE, and in my opinion, WAYY too huge, and im running on a 1440x900 resolution.

I was wondering, if there was any way to minimize the size of the picture that comes up.

Thanks for all help in advanced :)

BigRed2009

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Making Images a different size
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 02:54:59 am »

erm, sorry to double post, i cant figure out how to edit if i can, but  umm i would like to be bale to resize all my images through the coppermine admin panel or something easy. Because i have over 4k images, and i don't feel like going through and resizing all of them in photoshop heh. Thanks again

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 03:33:07 pm »

In coppermine's config, set "Auto resize images that are larger than max width or height" to "Yes:Everyone". Then set "Max width or height for uploaded pictures/videos (pixels)" to the max resolution you want your pop-ups to have (something like 1024 pixels is OK). Save your changes. That's the setting you need.

BigRed2009

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 07:27:57 pm »

In coppermine's config, set "Auto resize images that are larger than max width or height" to "Yes:Everyone". Then set "Max width or height for uploaded pictures/videos (pixels)" to the max resolution you want your pop-ups to have (something like 1024 pixels is OK). Save your changes. That's the setting you need.

So since i changed those settings would i have to reload all of the pictures that ihave on there currently? because it doesn't appear to have automatically resized them. Unless i did something wrong, which i dont think i did because i followed your instructions to the world :p  Thanks for the help :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 09:00:24 am »

Indeed those settings will only apply for images added from that point on. Instead of deleteing and re-uploading all your files, try the file replacement plugin.

BigRed2009

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 08:19:31 am »

i tried finding the replacement plugin, couldn't find it (i'm really coppermine illiterate) so i deleted all my images, and tried to reload them using the batch add feature (which i used before) and with the new settings you told me to change,  it keeps telling me "No new file was found", even when i dont have ANY pictured uploaded to my site anymore.

BigRed2009

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 08:33:48 am »

sorry to double post again. but apparently coppermine doesn't like the spaces and special characters, changed that. and uploaded the images. 

With the settings you suggested i changed, even when i upload the pictures again it doesn't resize them smaller :(  does it not work with bath upload?

BigRed2009

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 09:02:35 am »

im going to get myself banned for all these double and triple posts, i meant batch upload*

I used the normal upload feature,and it resized them perfectly. but the batch doesn't work, any idea how i can get it to work? i don't really want to upload 4k images 4 at a time, heh

apanda

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 03:18:42 am »

I use a free program called Gallery Mage to resize my pictures.  It opens a file folder and reduces all the large pictures in the folder to the size you specily and saves the smaller copies in a  new folder.

There are other programs that do the same thing too.

Andrew

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 06:42:17 am »

i tried finding the replacement plugin, couldn't find it (i'm really coppermine illiterate)
Clicking on the search button above lead me to the thread "File replacement plugin".

I use a free program called Gallery Mage to resize my pictures.  It opens a file folder and reduces all the large pictures in the folder to the size you specily and saves the smaller copies in a  new folder.

There are other programs that do the same thing too.

Andrew
Thanks for your readiness to share. The issue with such apps is that they work locally (on your client), so they solve just one aspect of the issue the thread starter has: they physically resize the image. You then need to FTP-upload the images with changed dimensions. But you need to make coppermine aware of the change of dimensions of the image as well (information that is being stored in the database). That's when the above mentioned plugin comes into play - that's what it does.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 19 queries.