Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recreate just one thumb?  (Read 1775 times)

Ravenswd

• Coppermine newbie
    • Safe Comment
Recreate just one thumb?
« on: August 24, 2008, 01:45:54 am »

On the "Admin tools" page, you can re-create the thumbnails for all of the pictures in one album. What I need to know is, is there any way to recreate a single thumbnail?

I'd like to do this because Imagemagick seems to have a problem with gif images. It sometimes creates gifs which can be viewed by Firefox but not Internet Explorer. I have a large number of animated gifs on my site. Imagemagick would create animated thumbnails, but I hacked the code to make it extract a single image and make a thumb of that. It seemed to work pretty good, until I tested the site on IE. A lot of the thumbs are showing up as missing images on IE. I've done some research and discovered that this is a problem Imagemagick has: It sometimes creates gifs which IE can't handle, and there's pretty much nothing that can be done about it.

I'm OK with that. I can just use GD to create thumbs for those particular images. The problem is, I'd rather not re-create thumbs for my entire site, because the thumbnails GD creates are generally not as good as the ones created by Imagemagick.

What I'd like to do is change the "Method for resizing images" setting to GD, and re-create just the thumbnails that Imagemagick can't handle.

Does anyone know of any way to do this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hey, you kids! Get off my lawn!
BitmapWorld.com

Pascal YAP

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Hello World :-)
    • CPG 1.5.x ExperiMental website
Re: Recreate just one thumb?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 12:39:56 pm »

is there any way to recreate a single thumbnail?...
Does anyone know of any way to do this?
Yes.
Create this Thumbnail on your personnal machine.
Save it on your hard drive with the original name, and via FTP replace this one at the same place. That's all.

PYAP

Ravenswd

• Coppermine newbie
    • Safe Comment
Re: Recreate just one thumb?
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 02:09:29 pm »

That's what I had been doing. I was just hoping there would be a way to do it automatically through Coppermine.
Hey, you kids! Get off my lawn!
BitmapWorld.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.