Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: CPG 1.5 - translations into German - offer  (Read 36174 times)

nointerest

• Translator
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • Karateschule Okinawa (Bayreuth, Kulmbach, Pegnitz, Auerbach)
CPG 1.5 - translations into German - offer
« on: August 22, 2008, 11:54:24 am »

Hi,

now bevor anybody here starts to complain:
I cant open a thread in the cpg 1.5 dev-board. I am not allowed to write anybody important a private message.

Therefore I will just post here. Move if you wish to. I didnt find another, more suitable place.

I want to contribute to the new cpg 1.5 regarding translations into german. Either I can do language-files, or documentations. If there is a third possibilty I dont know yet - I am open to that as well.

I am not a coder and never will be. But I like translating stuff from english to german. Its going easy from my fingers and it gives me fun.

I do know that 1.5 is already far progressed - its not exactly the first day of the challenge. But I think that translating things like docus is something that should be done later-on, when the future product is visible enough is the better way anyway.

Well, if there is still need (or if someone with real code-abilty wants to be relieved from mundane things like that) please contact me. And yes - you may write me a PN *gggg* (I am really sorry - but some repetitive phrases just reeeaaalllyyy invite a lot of irony here *gg*).

The offer is honest! I have already done some translation work here - in case those that are not active in the german board dont know. I think it would be fun to have a little, tiny hand in a completly new version.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: CPG 1.5 - translations into German - offer
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 09:25:14 am »

Thanks for coming up with this posting. I'm glad that you offered your help. In fact, I have already toyed with the idea before that this might be the right stage to let translators in to start translating the docs, as the task is quite huge. However, I can still see a lot of docs changing before the final release, which would cause extra need for review of already-translated German versions.
Therefor, I propose some sort of organized translation: I would like to come up with a list of documents that are pretty mature and that will probably go into the release as they are, so those docs could be translated by you (or any other interessted user) right away. So basically, this needs some coordinated effort by a team of translators.

Here's my proposal: I will use this thread and come up with a first list of files that can be translated. You (or others who would like to contribute by translating) check an individual document out by replying to the "official" translation thread (which still needs to be created; could be lead on the German sub-board once we figured out how to deal with translations) with something like "I will translate docs/de/foo_bar.html. If you do, the document-translation-task is considered to be taken by you. Once you're done translating, you attach the document to your reply and I will check it in into the core. You can then pick the next document if you want to.
A similar thing could be done for others languages as well, so I would like to use this thread as a base (in English) to discuss the way how to organize our effort.
Does this sound like a good idea?

I'm looking forward to hear from you.

Joachim

François Keller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka Frantz
    • Ma galerie
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 09:58:29 am »

I had strating the french translation for the lang file and the docs, but have stopped this job, waiting for a "stabilized" version.
Joachim suggestion sound good for me. Some documentation section ans langfile sections seems not to be change. A list with those "mature" sections or pages would be a good start.
A other french user as asked for helping in the translation...
Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 05:24:39 pm »

OK, here's a list of files that I would consider pretty "mature", so translation could start for those files.
  • translation.htm
  • languages.htm
  • testing.htm
  • auto-installers.htm
  • credits.htm
  • dev_coding.htm
  • dev_superglobals.htm

nointerest

• Translator
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 11:57:22 am »

Hi Joachim,

thanks to your reply. Your idea is very good, selecting the mature documents first. I would start into the project as I offered. Maybe I ask a pretty dump question - but where can I download/read the files I want to translate? (I checked the start-page of ... gallery.net and flew over the dev-board. If I missed it please excuse).

I would look them over and grab the first one. I would do as you said - always one doc at a time. If the discussion is lead here or somewhere else is of no real matter to me.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 01:27:21 pm »

Well, I assumed that you were aware that the development is SVN-driven. Obviously, you're not aware of that - sorry for the false assumption. Here's the link to the Web SVN: http://coppermine.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/coppermine/trunk/cpg1.5.x/

Here are instrcutions on SVN usage: http://coppermine.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/coppermine/trunk/cpg1.5.x/docs/en/dev_subversion.htm
Translator's guide: http://coppermine.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/coppermine/trunk/cpg1.5.x/docs/en/translation.htm

Joachim

nointerest

• Translator
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 04:01:55 pm »

Thank you for the information Joachim. I did not know that stuff as I have never before done anything regarding "development" of cpg or another software. I will dive into the information.

nointerest

• Translator
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 01:39:40 pm »

I now checked out the information you provided Joachim.

I will take over the translation of:
translation.htm
languages.htm

into German. Shall I provide seperate for "Du" and "Sie"? Its no problem - just would like to know.

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 01:57:18 pm »

Shall I provide seperate for "Du" and "Sie"? Its no problem - just would like to know.
If it's for the docs, i would suggest "man".

nointerest

• Translator
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 04:20:21 pm »

Thanks, thats a good idea. I will do so.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 10:28:18 pm »

When in doubt, use the informal option "Du", as the circumventing expression "man" sounds like it's been taken from a cooking book imo ;)

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From San Juan, Argentina, to the World!
    • http://fabricioferrero.com/
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 03:46:02 am »

I think I must be part of this too... I'm not sure if I'm cluttering this topic, it was directed to german translation at first but François Keller said something about French.. so if I'm wrong, say it and I'll start my own topic related to spanish...

Ok, the thing is that I want to be the one whom translate the files related to spanish. But, I think that it's more important to translate the 'lang' file before FAQ's or Doc's. So, when can I start to doing it? There is no 'mature' part of the 'lang' file to start to work? or it's senseless and should I wait?

Cheers,
Read Docs and Search the Forum before posting. - Soporte en español
--*--
Fabricio Ferrero's Website

Catching up! :)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 01:16:43 pm »

No, there is no point yet in starting the language file translation. There is no such thing as a "stable" section of the language file for cpg1.5.x, as changes happen all over, especially with the GSoC contributions needing to be integrated into the core.
This thread here deals with the docs anyway, and we welcome your readiness to do that as well. As Francois pointed out, you're welcome to discuss the translation of the docs into Spanish as well. As the documentation for cpg1.5.x has been split up into separate files, you can go ahead and start translating some of the stuff (basically the files that I refered to in reply #3).

nointerest

• Translator
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2008, 07:42:34 pm »

I have now finished the translation of the first file.

I will attach it to this post in this thread for now - if the project is moved to another sub-board then thats ok for me too.

Joachim, please go over it and tell me if I did something wrong (technically or concerning the content). Its the first file of you that I translated, so I welcome any critics to do it better.

Edit: I would like to treat that first file as kind of a "dress rehearsal" before I submit more files.

Regards
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 12:03:31 am by nointerest »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 06:21:41 pm »

Excellent start - I have added your contribution to the SVN repository (http://coppermine.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/coppermine/trunk/cpg1.5.x/docs/de/languages.htm). Please go ahead and continue your translation work - looks fine.

Cheers

Joachim

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 04:26:45 am »

I have already open a thread in spanish sub-board due to I was sending PM's with one translator that it's interested of start translating v1.5 docs. I'm also going to collaborate. We have adopted the way that Joachim suggest in previous posts.

To look how this is going on, please, go to: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,56223.0.html

Now, I need to know what to do when a translated document will be ready. Do I post here? Does the official thread going to be created? Some adm is going to get it from -our- (in spanish sub board) official post and add it to SVN?
--*--

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 08:35:58 am »

Yes, a dev team member will add your translation if we're aware of it. Zip your contribution and attach it to this thread please.

Fabricio Ferrero

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 04:53:46 am »

I really don't know where to ask this... Wich is the actual location of SVN? I downloaded what you recommend in the other post, but I can't download the proyect from SVN.

I get "Repository moved temporarily to '/viewvc/coppermine/trunk/cpg1.5.x/docs/'; please relocate"

I ask here because someone else could be reading this and want to connect to the SVN too.

If this is considerated as hijacking, please, move it properly.

Thanks,
--*--

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 07:54:17 am »

Not sure which link you followed. To find the SVN in the old school way, click on "Project" at the top of this page, then on "more" => "Code" => "SVN Browse" => "trunk" => "cpg1.5.x/". This should lead you to this page: http://coppermine.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/coppermine/trunk/cpg1.5.x/
Remember that this page is only the web SVN view, so if you want to actually perform a checkout using your favorite desktop Subversion client (the coppermine dev team recommends using TortoiseSVN in Windows), you mustn't specify the WebSVN path, but the actual SVN URI mentioned in the docs.

François Keller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka Frantz
    • Ma galerie
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2008, 07:09:28 pm »

Hi,

attached the french start for the translation from the cpg1.5 doc
files who are translated:
index.htm (partial, as the german one)
requirement.htm
testing.htm
language.htm
translation.htm
I'll look next for the
# auto-installers.htm
# credits.htm
# dev_coding.htm
# dev_superglobals.htm
Avez vous lu la DOC ? la FAQ ? et cherché sur le forum avant de poster ?
Did you read the DOC ? the FAQ ? and search the board before posting ?
Mon Blog
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.