Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to create/modify theme?  (Read 3229 times)

nevermind

• Coppermine newbie
How to create/modify theme?
« on: March 04, 2004, 06:31:16 pm »

for instance, how can I add a logo picture in the upper left corner of Fruity theme?

generally, how to create theme?

thanks!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 07:32:59 pm »

this has been asked a thousand times and is in the documentation and faq as well. Next time, search first and post then.
Anyay: edit /themes/fruity/template.html

GauGau

bubs

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 08:00:33 pm »

"this has been asked a thousand times and is in the documentation and faq as well."

I think this has been asked thousands of times because like me there are many people using coppermine who are not that php/code savvy
I think a really detailed tutorial would be great. I do apprciate that this all takes time and you devs work extremely hard for us all but the fact that this question is asked thousands of times means that here is a real issue here.

I have spent all day trying to configure a theme but to no avail hence me looking though all these past questions to find some advice.

jmc

• Contributor
  • Coppermine regular visitor
    • http://www.hartlepoolcameraclub.co.uk
creating a theme
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 09:42:13 pm »

Hi, Bubs!
I get where you're coming from! It is frustrating getting started with all this stuff. I do, however, appreciate Gaugau's viewpoint too - this question IS asked over and over, and is not an easy one to answer. Each of the "stock" themes is very different in design and operation, so there is no standard way of doing it.
To get you started, the 3 main files you need to check and amend when editing a theme are the theme template.html file, the theme.php file and the theme.css file.
It is also very useful if you have some skill with a graphics package (PS or Fireworks etc). For example, the "Hardwired" theme : almost the entire graphical layout of this theme is made up of only 3 gifs, hw_01, _02 and _03 (top, middle and bottom). Simply replacing them with your own graphics will immediately change the whole picture for you! Then it's a simple case of editing the other image files (buttons and stuff) to suit, and editing the entries in the .css file where necessary to complete the customisation.
A guide to the cpg c.ss file can be found at http://www.photoshoptutorials.org/samples/coppermine/styles.html
Hope this helps!
John Mc
I'm trying hard... at least!

bubs

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 10:40:33 pm »

Thanks for your help John, I will try your ideas tomorrow when my brain has been given a rest!!

I do have fireworks so i will try and use that, the problem is that i am using dreamweaver to edit the template.html but doing this you do not get to see the whole of the page layout unless it is uplaoded and u check it online (unless i am missing something which is probably the case)

anyway thanks

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2004, 08:16:21 am »

to see what each css class does, take a look at http://coppermine.sourceforge.net/demo/index.php?theme=styleguide

GauGau

P.S. Thanks John!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.