Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem That Needs To Be Solved  (Read 4697 times)

scottn

• Coppermine newbie
Problem That Needs To Be Solved
« on: August 19, 2008, 01:50:03 am »

I have a friend (Webmaster).  He build me a photo gallery site, using his coppermine account.  Things were great, until he stopped communicating with me. That's ok, because I could still update my site, then one day my computer crashed (bad motherboard), and HP wiped out my hard drive when I got it fixed.  I was able to recover most of my programs, but I lost ftp address, and I cannot post anything to my site.  The webmaster is gone.  What can I do?  If I build my own site, what would be the easiest way to transfer all 5K to the new site?

Αndré

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Problem That Needs To Be Solved
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 07:09:14 am »

Do you want to pay for an answer, or why have you started your topic in 'Looking for Freelancers / Paid help'?

Without ftp access it will be hard to get all the 5k files to re-upload them to your new site. Maybe this can help you.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Problem That Needs To Be Solved
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 08:54:30 am »

If you can't get FTP access back, you're probably stuck. You might want to try HTTrack or similar to leech as much as possible from your old site. Not related to hiring a freelancer, or are you requesting that a freelancer will perform this job for you? If yes, do as suggested in the sticky thread on this sub-board: you need to post a link to your gallery, a budget and a schedule.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.