Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: can't delete picture files or albums  (Read 2725 times)

whitewash

• Coppermine newbie
Re: can't delete picture files or albums
« on: August 14, 2008, 12:03:09 pm »

[Edit GauGau] Split from thread http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php/topic,52492.0.html [/Edit]

Hello, I have similar problem. I have created some test albums, uploaded test images.. etc... When everything went correct, I decided to delete the test albums and images. However, there was a large number of those test albums, and CPG doesn't provide the "action for more items by a single click" - I would have to delete all albums one by one, so I've manually truncated the Albums and Images table in PhpMyAdmin instead. It's all OK, except the image files cannot be deleted from FTP (perm denied). Their access rights mask is set to 606.
I've guessed that PHP runs under other user than my FTP account, and if the files were created by a PHP application, their owner would, of course, be that user. That's why I can't even CHMOD them to 777. So - my question is: Can Coppermine somehow chmod them to 777 (because coppermine runs as PHP user, that's why it would have rights to do the CHMOD) so I can delete them?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 12:11:14 pm by Joachim Müller »

Nibbler

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2008, 12:07:04 pm »

You can set the default mode for files and directories in config.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 12:07:45 pm »

Can Coppermine somehow chmod them to 777 (because coppermine runs as PHP user, that's why it would have rights to do the CHMOD) so I can delete them?
No, that's nonsense the script has the permissions that the server admin has assigned to it. We can't predict what this permission level is.
Hello, I have similar problem.
Yet it's a different problem. We have a strict "One question per thread" policy that you agreed when signing up. You shouldn't have tried to hijack that thread. While I was typing my reply, Nibbler split your posting from the thread you hijacked, so my reply was misplaced and I had to split and merge it again. You created pretty much moderation and maintencance work. That's why you're not suppossed to hijack threads.
It's all OK, except the image files cannot be deleted from FTP (perm denied).
Then ask your webhost for support, not us. Coppermine doesn't have control over that and possibly can't. What You're requesting is wishfull thinking and simply not possible.

whitewash

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 12:33:20 pm »

Sorry for the maintenance work.

By the way, webftp shows the same owner of all files, including those "locked" ones. So I will contact the hosting and ask for explanation why an owner can't delete his files or CHMOD them (even if it's not set to 7xx, it should work - I've tried it on other unix machine and it does) and for deletion of those files... I've set default_dir_mode and default_file_mode to 0777, so hopefully this problem won't happen again.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 04:24:01 pm »

"WebFTP" is just another PHP application. It lies in the nature of such applications (similar to coppermine) that they can not really determine nor assign CHMOD permissions properly, so the reply I made about PHP scripts not being able to set permissions apply to webFTP-apps as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.