Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does java upload edits pics?  (Read 7768 times)

johanz

• Coppermine regular visitor
Does java upload edits pics?
« on: August 19, 2008, 07:36:45 pm »

So yeah, when it uploads, does it resize/modify or something with images ?
I don't want to lose image quality or something. And I have max size set to 10 000 pixels

Farnsi

• LocalSupporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
Re: Does java upload edits pics?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 08:54:25 pm »

Jupload respects the coppermine settings and only changes the pictures if it has to.
Regards,
Farnsi

johanz

• Coppermine regular visitor
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 09:10:22 pm »

I saw a thread with problem with photos.
Does it affect scanned pictures?

Farnsi

• LocalSupporter
  • Coppermine frequent poster
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 09:23:47 pm »

there was a problem with metadatas from some canon digicams.

As Etienne wrote:
The java code contains a bug, that transform colors, for pictures generated by recent camera. This is a known java bug.

as far as i know pictures only get touched when they have to be resized but i am not the developer of jupload so there is no guarantee!!
Regards,
Farnsi

phill104

• Administrator
  • Coppermine addict
    • Windsurf.me
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2008, 09:37:00 pm »

there was a problem with metadatas from some canon digicams.

As Etienne wrote:
as far as i know pictures only get touched when they have to be resized but i am not the developer of jupload so there is no guarantee!!

It was me that bought that little problem to light.  Ettiene sorted it and I have had no problems since.

What you have to remember is that every time you do anything to a jpeg image it will loose some quality. Always supply the best quality images you can and it will be unlikely that you will see any loss. If you are manipulating images on your local machine use PSD or similar lossless format and only save as jpeg at the last minute leaving it at the highest res. Then upload with jupload and it will either leave it at that size or reduce it depending on your coppermis settings. As you have supplied a good quality image to jupload you should end up with very good results.

If using the standard upload process it is best to process the image to your required size on your computer to save upload time and to reduce server load but jupload takes care of that for you if required.
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.