Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Odd problem - please advise  (Read 5122 times)

tpr

• Coppermine novice
Odd problem - please advise
« on: August 13, 2008, 07:10:08 pm »

Hi,
I recently did some renaming of the images in my gallery.
Suddenly i noticed that while cpmfetach shows the thumbnails and image info properly, the links are "broken"
such as : http://62.219.24.15/~yehidaco/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-1764 which leads to a none existing image.

I re-ran the installation, again the thumbnails and info are fine, no error is reported but - the link does not work.

Please Advise

Guy N. :'(

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Odd problem - please advise
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 11:13:31 pm »

Don't rename files once they exist in coppermine's database. Undo your renaming. Since I wasn't able to spot the "powered by Coppermine" tag on your page, that's all the support you can expect. Put the tag back - it's mandatory. See http://coppermine-gallery.net/demo/cpg14x/docs/index.htm#copyright_additional_preservation

tpr

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2008, 06:48:37 pm »

Hi Joachim,
First of all, the site is still under construction - since i'm using several components I'm removing the individual "powered by" which appear all over the place and place them in a single location (in the actual footer). In any case, I currently returned the original "powered by" until i finish the design.

Regarding your answer - I did not rename the files (from the ftp) but through coppermine and frankly, not sure i can revert - no idea what the previous file names were. Any way around this ? coppermine is able to rebuild the thumbnails so I'm guessing the problem isn't inherit with coppermine (or everything will break up)

Thanks
Guy N.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 11:43:49 pm »

Coppermine doesn't have the feature to rename files, so I can't understand what you actually did.

tpr

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2008, 12:57:30 pm »

When I edit an Image I already uploaded I get several options,
One of them is : File Name which i can then change.
Thing is, the image does load - however cpmfetch link to the full image get messed up.

Example :
http://62.219.24.15/~yehidaco/
First image on the side bar
The thumbnail loads, the image exists and can be accessed through cpg however the link is dead

Guy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.