Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SMF/CPG-bridge OK? Cannot se the proper 'Album can be viewed by' group...  (Read 7766 times)

misjka

• Coppermine newbie

Hi!

I have CPG 1.4.19 bridged with SMF 1.1.5.
I log in as admin and try to change the setting 'Album can be viewed by' for one album. From the start it is set to the default 'Everybody'. As I choose another user group in the dropdown menu and press the 'Update Album' button I just get 'No update needed' as  I result... Isn't that strange?

I then try the same trick but also make some other changes as well and then repeat the action, and it seems to do well. But as I return to the Album properties page I just find that the album rights are set to 'Me only' - not the group I chose in the previous step  :(. As it turns out, as I repeat the procedure yet a few times, the rights are alway set to 'Me only'... Even if I try to reset it to 'Everbody'...

So now I turn up with an album that no one else may view...  ::)

Sure would appreciate some hints here...

Thanks,

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Posting a link to your gallery and a non-admin test user account might help...

misjka

• Coppermine newbie

Thanks, I pm you the information :)!

Hot Rides

• Coppermine frequent poster
  • I am
    • Hot Rides Show & Cruise

Hi!

I have CPG 1.4.19 bridged with SMF 1.1.5.
I log in as admin and try to change the setting 'Album can be viewed by' for one album. From the start it is set to the default 'Everybody'. As I choose another user group in the dropdown menu and press the 'Update Album' button I just get 'No update needed' as  I result... Isn't that strange?

I then try the same trick but also make some other changes as well and then repeat the action, and it seems to do well. But as I return to the Album properties page I just find that the album rights are set to 'Me only' - not the group I chose in the previous step  :(. As it turns out, as I repeat the procedure yet a few times, the rights are alway set to 'Me only'... Even if I try to reset it to 'Everbody'...

So now I turn up with an album that no one else may view...  ::)

Sure would appreciate some hints here...

Thanks,
make sure you dont have a password set on the album, if a password is set it oesnt matter what you set it to, it will always revert back to 'me only', one of my users recently had this problem

misjka

• Coppermine newbie

Ahhh, thanks :D! It really did the trick, although it for sure looks like a bug since the password field is filled in as default  :o. So, everytime I make a change in the album's properties I have to clear that field, that is...

But now I know. Many thanks :D!

Nibbler

Your web browser does that, not Coppermine.

misjka

• Coppermine newbie

Your web browser does that, not Coppermine.
Ahh, OK. Thanks for sorting that out :)!

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Thanks, I pm you the information :)!
Haven't asked for a PM. I said "post", not "send me a PM" in my posting where I requested the link and test user account.
Anyway, marking thread as solved. You should really try to understand the features of your browser before coming here for support.

misjka

• Coppermine newbie

Haven't asked for a PM. I said "post", not "send me a PM" in my posting where I requested the link and test user account.
Anyway, marking thread as solved. You should really try to understand the features of your browser before coming here for support.
Thanks, but no thanks! In no way I'll open up my gallery (and forum( for the whole while (cpg) world  :o. I've had enough of turkish hackers as it is... ::)

And sorting out what "features" cpg delivers and what the browser delivers isn't that obvious in my eyes... Especially since this doesn't focus on the primary problem in the first place, i.e. the user group settings which shouldn't be affected by the password setting  ???

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

What's your posting suppossed to mean except being racist? You could have said so if you're not ready to post, but in no way have you been allowed to send me a PM. Other people in your shoes might have apologized for not respecting board rules... ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 19 queries.