Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CPG1.5.x installer makeover  (Read 7071 times)

Raven24

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
CPG1.5.x installer makeover
« on: July 19, 2008, 03:11:39 pm »

Here are some of my promised contributions. Have a look if you can need it, otherwhise you don't have to use them.

First, I added the script.aculo.us package (Javascript library with tons of effects, http://script.aculo.us ), because I think some movements are always nice and one doesn't have to re-invent the wheel everytime. I hope that will find its way into CPG1.5, because I think it's a great lib and it makes many things very easy.

Another thing I did was that I substituted most of the tables with div-containers except if the content was really table-like or the alignment would be too hard to do otherwhise. With the new containers I also changed the CSS a bit and additionally I added a little JS so that the versioncheck-table can be collapsed/expanded (probably TODO: collapsed if no error/expanded when error found).

Just a minor change with the images of the 10 steps: they were a bit too small, so I modified them to be 21x21px.

Attached:
* screenshot of the first step
* svn-diff of my changes (with scriptaculous)
* zip with the modified images

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: CPG1.5.x installer makeover
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 07:43:10 pm »

Thanks for your readiness to share, however we have already made up our minds on the JS library that will be used with cpg1.5.x: it will be jquery.
Anyway, your suggested changes need looking into, which the devs will do for sure.

Raven24

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 10:29:08 pm »

I feared you would say no to scriptaculous :-( but that's not such a great problem ...

I made another diff, this time without the JS-lib and with my try to "convert" my JS to jQuery.
I will definately try to help in other areas, too (not just the installer, I mean - but that's what everybody, including me, sees first)!

Raven24

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2008, 03:30:26 pm »

sorry for the double posting, but did someone already have a chance to glimpse at my suggestions?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2008, 06:35:52 pm »

No, sorry - most of the devs are currently busy monitoring their student's progress during the GSoC stage taking place.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.